Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
I fancy going through East Europe to Greece where we'd send most of the winter
Then crossing into Italy up to the dolomites in march to ski . That way we'd get a huge variety of different cultures and scenery.
Partner prefers dropping into Italy through France and spending whole time there. 2 main reasons really - he's never been to italy and wants to be there a long time (as do I) and he's quite wary of eastern European countries as it's unknown plus the migrant worry on top. We'd like to take the dog and he's worried about all the border controls in eastern Europe
I'd appreciate any ideas from people who've done these trips preferably with a dog l.
Cheers.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Yeh we'll do Portugal Spain side another year.
This year we fancy the eastern side
I just say it's such a luxurious problem to have!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The weather in Sicily will be better than Greece in the winter I think, unless you want to go on to Crete. But Sicily has become the new migrant hotspot now the flow from Turkey has diminished - but that might change of course. :)

Our Bumble

Free Member
Jul 1, 2016
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hahaha you dilema sounds similar ours. We are just discussing where next and 'think' we have settled on Greece because it looks drier but decision may change. We are currently in Finland and going to make our way down through Eastern Europe! We have read up on the border control and seems OK but will let you know.
We've spent time in Italy and Slovenia (excellent) with our dog and fine. We went to Slovenia because we were nervous too and just wanted a taster. You know it was one of the most beautiful countries both in terms of scenery and people.
image.jpeg

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Depends where you mean by 'Eastern Europe'.
We went to Crete a couple of years ago in the motorhome with a dog via Slovenia, Croatia, Montengro and Albania. Great trip and no problems anywhere. Here is the map of the route we took and the sites we stayed at.
upload_2016-7-28_9-37-3.png

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Depends where you mean by 'Eastern Europe'.
We went to Crete a couple of years ago in the motorhome with a dog via Slovenia, Croatia, Montengro and Albania. Great trip and no problems anywhere. Here is the map of the route we took and the sites we stayed at.
View attachment 117739
Hey Dude, you don't have a live link to that map do you? I would like to zoom in a bit to get more info on the route you took.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Sorry, I don't, but I have spreadsheet I could send you if you PM me your email address.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back