Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Dudley West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Five
Hi guys, reversing light not working, checked bulb, it was fine, then thought of fuse, but which one, I have a 2006 fiat ducato 2.3 which came with a fitted reversing camera, for some reason neither the camera or the reversing light will not operate when reverse gear is selected, could it possible be a switch, or fuse, and if a fuse, just where is it located, to be honest the owners handbook does`nt even show a fuse for the reversing light, help please anyone ??

Mike and Pearl

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the Ducato electrics are a maze of plugs and sockets, Often you will find the problem is caused by a dirty/corroded contact in one of these, all you have to do is find the right one.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi guys, reversing light not working, checked bulb, it was fine, then thought of fuse, but which one, I have a 2006 fiat ducato 2.3 which came with a fitted reversing camera, for some reason neither the camera or the reversing light will not operate when reverse gear is selected, could it possible be a switch, or fuse, and if a fuse, just where is it located, to be honest the owners handbook does`nt even show a fuse for the reversing light, help please anyone ??

Mike and Pearl

Hi Mike.....I have a 2008 fiat 130 multi and my rev camera works on the ignition switch not on the reverse switch
Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Hi Midlander9,

We use the reverse lights to control the camera, so if they do not fuction, neither will the camera.

The first place to check in under the rear panel, where you should find a connector, linking the rear harness to the rear lights. Make sure that this plug is firmly attached and clean.

Failing that, it will be a case of fault finding, and tracing the +ve feed back to the Fiat cab. However, this maybe something for your dealer.

Thanks,

Ash

IanRS

Free Member
Nov 6, 2008
Funster No

Mike and Pearl

Ive not got a motorhome / camper but I have had reversing lights fail, if you can get to the gearbox there should be a switch on one side, with the ignition on check if you have power to the switch, if you have, select reverse gear and see if you have power to the other side of the switch, Ive had a few switches fail and its the easiest thing to check as you say the manual doesnt help.

Ian

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
personally i'd check the switch first.....

if i remember correctly the switch is on top of the gearbox nearer the back and central left to right.

if it has a single wire then touch this to earth.....onto the gearbox will do.

if it has twin wires then connect together.

dont forget to turn the ignition on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

midlander9

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Dudley West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Five
Reversing Light

Hi guys, and thanks to all who added some of there wisdom to my problem, its turned out to be the switch on the gearbox, seems its a common problem with the Ducato`s, so going to have it fixed next week, its just one of those frustrating things which crops up and you start to scratch your head as to where to look first, :Eeek: anyway problem sorted, and again all, thanks for the input, appreciated :thumb:

Mike and Pearl

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back