will a maxview fit SATELLITE SYSTEM on my rv (1 Viewer)

do1977

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
where i park up
Funster No
MH
A class rv
well i have jst got a 33ft fleewood pusher a class and i have a SATELLITE SYSTEM B2590 new in the box
i wan to no will this go on the roof as the roof is quite thick???
and where should i put it as i have 2 ac units on the roof asill it afect the signal if is to close?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi

I have one on my RV, if the roof is too thick contact Maxview who will provide a longer tube and spindle.

RE, air con, no problem, make sure it can rotate 360 deg without fouling and has room to park .. mine is very close to the front air con .. no affect on signal ..

you can see mine in this pic

Link Removed

jim

OP
OP
D

do1977

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
where i park up
Funster No
MH
A class rv
ok thats what i needed to no i will have some fun this weekend fitting 7 large solar panals and the dish and a 28" tv ::bigsmile:

a home from home

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi, it doesn't matter how thick you are maxview will fit it to a tent if you are paying:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and if you can't fit all the solar panels in chuck one this way I need another, hee hee

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I fitted one on my Hurricane , as well as screw fixing sealed with Dicor, no problem.

OP
OP
D

do1977

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
where i park up
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Hi, it doesn't matter how thick you are maxview will fit it to a tent if you are paying:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and if you can't fit all the solar panels in chuck one this way I need another, hee hee

well i no a guy who sells them quite cheep i think he has some 80w panals £140 each

OP
OP
D

do1977

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
where i park up
Funster No
MH
A class rv
:roflmto:
Hi

I have one on my RV, if the roof is too thick contact Maxview who will provide a longer tube and spindle.

RE, air con, no problem, make sure it can rotate 360 deg without fouling and has room to park .. mine is very close to the front air con .. no affect on signal ..

you can see mine in this pic

Link Removed

jim

have you had any problems with the maxview as still think i should go auto

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
:roflmto:

have you had any problems with the maxview as still think i should go auto

Most folks are happy with the cranky, it performs extremely well and after a bit of practice it is easy to set up ... however, read my post about 'not so good in the wind..'

IMO there are better crank ups on the market .. you pays your money ..etc

Link Removed

hth

jim

S

stagman

Deleted User
I got a Maxview Crank up dish . Used it in all sorts of weather with no problems .Pretty windy in Malvern last weekend and worked great .Probabally the only one that is really better in windy conditions would be the Dome type , but at nearly 5 x the price ? :thumb:

OP
OP
D

do1977

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
where i park up
Funster No
MH
A class rv
do you still use one??
Most folks are happy with the cranky, it performs extremely well and after a bit of practice it is easy to set up ... however, read my post about 'not so good in the wind..'

IMO there are better crank ups on the market .. you pays your money ..etc

Link Removed

hth

jim

S

stagman

Deleted User
wel i payed £250 in the box so i cant see why i should spend £1600

I totally agree with you and £250 is a great price .I paid £325 for mine .:thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I got a Maxview Crank up dish . Used it in all sorts of weather with no problems .Pretty windy in Malvern last weekend and worked great .Probabally the only one that is really better in windy conditions would be the Dome type , but at nearly 5 x the price ? :thumb:

I have the camos flat sat plus, crank up. Have had it up in really severe winds and its the dogs doo da's

Jim
:Smile:

S

stagman

Deleted User
I have the camos flat sat plus, crank up. Have had it up in really severe winds and its the dogs doo da's

Jim
:Smile:

Yes I looked at the Camos and looks good kit but at nearly £200 more than the Maxview decided against it . Having bought and fitted the Maxview to a previous van I knew exactly what I was getting .An unit that is easy to install and use .:thumb:

OP
OP
D

do1977

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
where i park up
Funster No
MH
A class rv
well thanks to everyone that posted
i have now fitted it and tested out at the weekend and could not get anything has anyone got any tips???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back