Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
ive just said yes to an Adria sonic m/ home with a Matt paint finish on the bonnet and part of the sides. I am a colinite 476 fan but have been told not to use it as it could make the Matt finish cloudy, but I have been told to use carnuba wax as it has no cutters in it . What do you think,@Charlie your thought would be appreciated

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
ive just said yes to an Adria sonic m/ home with a Matt paint finish on the bonnet and part of the sides. I am a colinite 476 fan but have been told not to use it as it could make the Matt finish cloudy, but I have been told to use carnuba wax as it has no cutters in it . What do you think,@Charlie your thought would be appreciated

No wax and that includes Colinite 476S contains any "Cutters" !!

By cutters I am assuming they mean cutting compound ingredients which would have the potential to cut or alter the surface characteristics ....

Lets be clear here. Wax is an LSP or Last Stage Product which is applied to enhance and protect the surface. There is zero cutting compounds or ingredients is wax .

If cutting compound ingredients are added to a wax which has to the best of my knowledge has never been done the wax would no longer be a wax it would be a polish no matter how low its cutting ability !!

Carnauba wax .....Mmmmmm

Lets be clear here.. Some waxes most in fact contain Carnauba. But the content is extremely small. If it says on the tin or container that the product is 100% Carnauba it is ..... But that means the tiny tiny amount of Carnauba in the container or tin is pure Not that you have a tin of pure Carnauba wax .... The actual Carnauba content may be 1 or 2 % ...

Carnauba is from trees in the Brazilian rain forests. It is extremely expensive and even the most expensive waxes some costing several thousands of pounds contain only a small proportion of its content of Carnauba.

Use your Colinite my friend it will be just fine !

OP
OP
Steve devon

Steve devon

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks @Charlie just what I wanted to hear, I'm glad your here to help us polishers keep our kit looking good

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back