Free Member
Aug 2, 2008
Where my hats hanging
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
25yrs caravan 5yrs motorhome
I need to replace my Suburban water heater in my Safari, does anyone know the best and cheapest firm to go to, any help appreciated.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi, Firstly why do you want to replace it. Most parts are available to repair it, Whats wrong with it?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
OP
OP
C

cris5555

Free Member
Aug 2, 2008
Where my hats hanging
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
25yrs caravan 5yrs motorhome
Hi, the bottom cowling on the front of the tank is rusted with a small hole, there is a leak from somewhere behind the cowling that has been leaking for sometime but has recently got worse and we noticed damp in the carpet, the heater is 14yrs old and we are fulltiming so we thought best to replace.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi, the bottom cowling on the front of the tank is rusted with a small hole, there is a leak from somewhere behind the cowling that has been leaking for sometime but has recently got worse and we noticed damp in the carpet, the heater is 14yrs old and we are fulltiming so we thought best to replace.
Ah OK if its definatly leaking. I had one on my old Rockwood that used to leak from the presure releaf valve,when the boiler was first lit and the water was building up presure. I cured this by turning off the water pump and leaving the hot water tap open until water was hot, then turn tap off and switch pump back on.

silverfox1

Free Member
Feb 10, 2010
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
RV A Class
Exp
Try PPL RV spares in USA on google search,very reasonable and will ship to UK.Hope this helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Look up Suburban Manufacturing Inc and buy direct from them.
I did this about 6 years ago for a boiler for my first RV. Even including import tax, I STILL saved about £150 and it was a doddle to fit.
If you've got a friend/relative in the States, get them to buy it over there and send it to you from thier domestiic address. You'll save even more that way cos it can come over as a "gift".:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back