Oct 10, 2014
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Everybody.
Motorhome is a Lunar Roadstar on a 2005 Fiat Ducato 2.8JTD. Just got outside Ripon when the engine decided Enough is enough and stopped. 1 red dashlight came on. Called the people in the orange vans and had to wait 90 minutes for him to arrive and tell me the high pressure fuel pump was leaking past the gaskets and it would have to be transported. Waited another 90 minutes for the transport to arrive. Got it loaded and on our way, as we thought, back to the repair place near Warwick, West Midlands. Nope. We were taken to Alfreton to change lorries to continue the journey. Total time from breakdown to getting home, 10 Hours. Just having a gripe. Thanks for listening.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I thought the RAC and AA stopped doing relay years ago.
I worked for an independent contracted to the majority of clubs and everything was done 'in house' and all in one go from initial response to final recovery.
Once you were on our truck you stayed on it until you got home...no matter where that was.
Our recovery 'area' stopped at sea ports.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sorry to hear this hope all gets sorted soon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I've always been relayed. I think it is something to do with taco rules in that if they only run local they don't need one..

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
They relay to get round tacho rules. If they stay within 50k's of base therefore 100k's total then no tacho required. They run on UK domestic hours. My son broke down coming off the Calais to Dover ferry in his T5. Six different trucks to get to Yorkshire. I think they also do not need the CPC card if working no more than 50k from base.

OP
OP
Bilbat

Bilbat

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for the concerns. Turns out to be a tiny nylon bush has split within the pump. Probably about 10p.So hunting round now for a new set of seals and we'll be back on the road.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Good to hear it was not such a major repair. :)

Is that a banjolele or a banjo in your avatar?

Wyn

OP
OP
Bilbat

Bilbat

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2014
It's a banjo which I love playing but I have started learning ukelele as well since Christmas.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Great. Did you go to the Midland Ukulele Festival earlier this month? It was at Warwick Racecourse.

Wyn

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
couple of times weve ben recovered it was the lez that meant we had to be relayed older trucks from the sticks not allowed in london

OP
OP
Bilbat

Bilbat

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2014
No. I don't do festivals etc. I used to go to a bluegrass weekend and jam nights with the banjo but found them very cliquey. Play a wrong chord and you got some very serious looks so I don't bother now. Just play for my own enjoyment and with my teacher. We're hoping to record some tunes we've written later this year.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I played bass in the same band for many years, and whilst they could play as many bum notes as they wanted in a set, the minute I played one they all, to a man (and woman) turned round and stared at me, so the audience all knew I had played a bum note as well. Started off as a bit of a joke but ended up with me being paranoid about wrong notes, so much so that I had everything written down on a music stand in front of me which I tried my best to hide on stage.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
No. I don't do festivals etc. I used to go to a bluegrass weekend and jam nights with the banjo but found them very cliquey. Play a wrong chord and you got some very serious looks so I don't bother now. Just play for my own enjoyment and with my teacher. We're hoping to record some tunes we've written later this year.
That's a shame. The Bridgnorth Ukulele club where we go on Wednesday evenings do things quite differently. They are encourging to newcomers. They spend the first hour playing simpler tunes without too many chords. There are enough people playing that playing a wrong chord would hardly be noticed let alone upset anyone. The second hour gets slightly less simple and the third hour is more advanced. This way it is possible to improve at a steady pace without pressure. I think this is a good way to do it.

Wyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back