Remove table recess plates (1 Viewer)

Jun 15, 2016
West Cumbria
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Symbol
Exp
I'm a newbie
We would like to replace the old carpets in our 1999 Autosleeper Symbol with vinyl flooring. Just one thing. We have two metal table recess plates in the floor and we would like to remove them to fit the flooring underneath for a neater finish. Problem is, can't see how we can do this. There are no obvious screw points. Just a smooth plate. Anyone with a van of this age removed these PLATES?

OP
OP
Sarahbrightvan
Jun 15, 2016
West Cumbria
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Symbol
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks guys. Thought this might be the case. Could prove difficult to access said bolt as the van has been under sealed. If we can see it, may be able to loosen just enough to get vinyl underneath.

OP
OP
Sarahbrightvan
Jun 15, 2016
West Cumbria
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Symbol
Exp
I'm a newbie
We would like to replace the old carpets in our 1999 Autosleeper Symbol with vinyl flooring. Just one thing. We have two metal table recess plates in the floor and we would like to remove them to fit the flooring underneath for a neater finish. Problem is, can't see how we can do this. There are no obvious screw points. Just a smooth plate. Anyone with a van of this age removed these PLATES?
UPDATE: checked under van for possible bolts, nothing. So sent an email to Autosleeper directly and they got back in touch straight away...well impressed. Apparently, the cover plate is held on with double sided tape. Bernie my husband slid a knife underneath the cover plate and gently worked it free. Plate removed and this uncovered the screws, now all removed giving us a clear floor. Yeah..so CHUFFED!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back