European Camping Discount Card. (1 Viewer)

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi, has anyone had any experiences of using the Camping Key Europe Card, only found this yesterday whilst searching a proposed trip to Norway. www.campingkeyeurope.com/
Discounts similar to ACSI, Ferry discounts, third Party Insurance are offered for a one off 16 euro annual payment...Looks to me that its similar to CCI scheme, can be used as ID when booking into sites.
I can buy here in Spain through FEEC and have noticed that the UK Caravan Club are the UK agents, on Non Member CC Sites the card can be used to waive the £12 non member fee, for overseas visitors.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Yes, last time I was in Scandinavia, Helsinki camping insisted I bought one, I used it once and paid for it. This time Stockholm camping insisted I bought one, since there is nowhere
else nearby to camp nearby I bought it . I noticed quite a few campsites in Scandinavia accepted it for a small discount, and ACSI was pretty useless. Apparently in Sweden you don't need to fill it in with your details, but in other countries you do, so that makes a nonsense of the ID bit as my card is blank!

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
Camping Key is the Scandinavian equivalent of the Camping Crad International. It is now available and accepted all over Europe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Yes, last time I was in Scandinavia, Helsinki camping insisted I bought one, I used it once and paid for it. This time Stockholm camping insisted I bought one, since there is nowhere
else nearby to camp nearby I bought it . I noticed quite a few campsites in Scandinavia accepted it for a small discount, and ACSI was pretty useless. Apparently in Sweden you don't need to fill it in with your details, but in other countries you do, so that makes a nonsense of the ID bit as my card is blank!
The card that I have seen on their Website records your personal details in Permanently Printed Form, this is available online from all their agencies Eurowide, if possible can you view their website www.campingkeyeurope.com/ and tell me if its the same as the one you bought on your last trip?
Thanks for you reply...great help.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
The card that I have seen on their Website records your personal details in Permanently Printed Form, this is available online from all their agencies Eurowide, if possible can you view their website www.campingkeyeurope.com/ and tell me if its the same as the one you bought on your last trip?
Thanks for you reply...great help.
Same company but mine has white strips for writing on and a validity sticker, basically a locally issued one.

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Same company but mine has white strips for writing on and a validity sticker, basically a locally issued one.
Thanks.....for us living in Spain and travelling around other parts of Europe, this card looks good, we have ACSI and ACSI ID, but these do not offer ferry discounts, which Camping Key claim to do, for next years Big One...into Norway I hope this will prove to be a benefit to us. It would also be interesting to use during our next UK trip, on Non Member Caravan Club sites. Happy Travels and thanks again for your help.

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
The Camping and Caravanning Club also accept it and waive the non member fees for non UK residents.

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
The Camping and Caravanning Club also accept it and waive the non member fees for non UK residents.
WOW...getting even better....we have in the past been Overseas members, this was a bit of a rip off for the 3 month membership they offer...we are Full members now but rarely use UK sites....Thanks for this info.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Thanks.....for us living in Spain and travelling around other parts of Europe, this card looks good, we have ACSI and ACSI ID, but these do not offer ferry discounts, which Camping Key claim to do, for next years Big One...into Norway I hope this will prove to be a benefit to us. It would also be interesting to use during our next UK trip, on Non Member Caravan Club sites. Happy Travels and thanks again for your help.
If you are going to Norway it's the norm to wild camp or stay at aires, campsites are for tuggers ;)

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Do they also allow access to CL's or whatever C&CC call them?
Interesting question.....I will put this to the C&CC directly, as overseas visitors we will all benefit from this.

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
If you are going to Norway it's the norm to wild camp or stay at aires, campsites are for tuggers ;)
Very interested in what discount on ferries would be, we expect to be using quite a few next year, Wilding and Aires I am totally in favour of....the odd camping night is sometimes needed.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Very interested in what discount on ferries would be, we expect to be using quite a few next year, Wilding and Aires I am totally in favour of....the odd camping night is sometimes needed.

We got the card before we left home. First time we used it got 10% discount on Germany/Denmark ferry - that paid for the card. Many campsites insist on it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back