Iveco spares for North America trip (1 Viewer)

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Planning for our 9 month trip to the USA and Canada in our motorhome now seriously underway. Shipping quotes obtained,Visas researched etc. The plan is to ship to Brunswick in January and ship back probably from Baltimore 9 months later.
Being technically as much use as a chocolate fireguard I knew this would be the best place to get some advice on exactly what mechanical spares it might be useful to take with us for a trip of that length and involving anything up to 18,000 miles of driving.
The base vehicle is a 2015 Iveco Daily 70C21 with 8 speed automatic gearbox. So, what would you guys and gals suggest I put in the Iveco spares box without completely filling my garage?

Thanks in advance

Chris

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I would pack the usual service parts...
Bulbs & Fuses
Fan belts & power steering
Diesel filter
Oil filter
Air filter
These are purely for convenience, but all available in the US with a little work. Anything serious can be flown out from europe within 48hours, but will cost more obviously

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Guarantee for your vehicle.
" Italian Vehicle,European Countries ONLY" It even says this on the.......Tin LOL
Don't bother with any American breakdown cover,just keep you Mafia subs up to date.
Enjoy.
Tea Bag

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If it were me doing the trip and knowing that if I did need a spare part it would be the one I didn't take, I wouldn't take any... other that those wisely mentioned above.

Try a little test.

What spare parts have you needed in your last nine months of motorhoming?

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
If it were me doing the trip and knowing that if I did need a spare part it would be the one I didn't take, I wouldn't take any... other that those wisely mentioned above.

Try a little test.

What spare parts have you needed in your last nine months of motorhoming?

JJ :cool:
As it is a pretty new vehicle, never even been serviced, the answer is none. I know the one I will need I probably won't have with me but want to at least try.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
18000 is not that much mileage in 9 months and the van is almost new, I go along with the general opinion, nothing.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
A whole spare 2015 Iveco Daily on an A-frame?:)
What he said..

Best of luck though, fair play for going for it.

I have done well over 800000 miles in iveco's and have only broken down once. And I fixed that myself at the roadside.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Not a spare but are you taking a transformer so you can use EHU? Assuming the MH doesn't take 110v of course.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Not a spare but are you taking a transformer so you can use EHU? Assuming the MH doesn't take 110v of course.
Seabridge provide a step up transformer plus we have an on board genny. The one thing I haven't Sussex yet is the fixed tank LPG filling. I.e. Do I need a specific US adaptor. Any ideas anyone!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Seabridge provide a step up transformer plus we have an on board genny. The one thing I haven't Sussex yet is the fixed tank LPG filling. I.e. Do I need a specific US adaptor. Any ideas anyone!

The US use the

ACME connector
Also known as: ACME thread, ACME adapter, ACME nozzle..
This connector has a threaded fitting onto which the LPG gun is screwed before the trigger is pulled to establish a seal before fuel transfer.

Found in:
Austria Belgium Germany Ireland Liechtenstein Luxembourg SwitzerlandUnited Kingdom

acme-adapter.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks, I think I have one of those in my little set of three adaptors which I have for travelling around Europe

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Thanks, I think I have one of those in my little set of three adaptors which I have for travelling around Europe
thats what we use in the uk as standard

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back