Chinese Sat Nav - Help for the technically inept..... (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Well, not totally inept, more just never had the inclination to learn properly!

I've got one of the Nozatec truck sat navs, was looking to add a few bits before going abroad in a few weeks.

Firstly, French Aires - I see there is a file in the resources section that says:-

this zip contain the kml and bmp files for the aires poi for the chinese satnav.
extract the files and copy the .kml file into the content/userdata/poi folder and the .bmp files into the content/userdata/usericon folder and restart the satnav.

Trouble is, I don't have those folders. Under "content" there is no userdata folder. There is a POI folder, which is where I presume the .kml file goes - but there is no "usericon" folder - just these:-

upload_2016-7-23_15-27-14.png

So, any idea where the bmp files go?

Secondly, is there another similar file for German Stellplatz?

Lastly, what's the best way of entering addresses when on the Continent? Use co-ordinates, or are postcodes supported (going to France, Germany & Switzerland)?

I presume the map update issue on these has not been resolved. Mine date from 2013, I doubt too many new roads have gone in since then.

Any help gratefully received!

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Contact Lunarman he seems to know a lot about these. I think the last map update he did on mine was dated 2015

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
I think I recall that if the folder isn't present then just create it and put the files in there. The system will then find them there when it starts up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Feltwell
Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
I think I recall that if the folder isn't present then just create it and put the files in there. The system will then find them there when it starts up.

Thank you! That was so blindingly obvious that I hadn't thought of it - Doh! - works fine now. Have a put a comment on the download page for anyone else who is hard-of-thinking.

So what does everyone use for location input when abroad? Co-ordinates?

I only ever use postcodes in the UK but it seems in some other countries the code can cover quite a large area

rich g

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
I always use Co-ordinates when abroad and have never had a problem,i also use a Nozatec.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I use google maps then on the satnav use find on map

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
cords , as france postcodes are too big, you could be 10kms away.

as someone has said, just create the folder.

i have the truck maps if you need them.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I always use Co-ordinates when abroad and have never had a problem,i also use a Nozatec.
Ditto here too, but I use co-ords in the UK also. Choosing the correct format is easy using the "More" button, at the bottom of the Nozatec screen. It has been far more reliable, than the TT720 with European Truck Maps ever was.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Co ordinates all the time via the more button with "Miss Wong Wei" as we call her. No matter how hard I try I just cant get rid of the bloody speed and alert warnings even though they are off. I have now resorted to turning the volume off on them as well

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back