Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
I have a elddis sunstyle 140 MH
We was away last week with no problems at all.
I came to clean it today and found i have no running water ?
You can hear the pump running but there is no hot or cold water out of any taps,the pump light is light up and all relevant fuses are ok ??
As anybody had this problem before ??
Thanks

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Stupid question but are you sure you have water in the tank?
Less stupid point is that you may have an air lock - check each tap in turn trying to bleed any air out. I always start with the shower tap (just cold water) and then the other tap in turn. Once the cold is flowing I then go back to the shower tap and do the same for the hot.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Is it a submersible pump or an in-line pump?
A submersible pump is inside the water tank and its lower end sucks in the water near the bottom of the tank.
An in-line pump is outside the tank, probably near the tank outlet.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
This sounds silly but has got me out of trouble before. you need to try priming the pump. turn on cold tap, and put your mouth over spout and suck. doesnt work if the pump has failed but will generally clear an airlock or prime pump

Upvote 0
OP
OP
RS SPIKE

RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
It's i
Is it a submersible pump or an in-line pump?
A submersible pump is inside the water tank and its lower end sucks in the water near the bottom of the tank.
An in-line pump is outside the tank, probably near the tank outlet.
It's a in line pump

Upvote 0
OP
OP
RS SPIKE

RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
Stupid question but are you sure you have water in the tank?
Less stupid point is that you may have an air lock - check each tap in turn trying to bleed any air out. I always start with the shower tap (just cold water) and then the other tap in turn. Once the cold is flowing I then go back to the shower tap and do the same for the hot.
Yes loads of water in the tank !!!
You can hear pump clicking in but no water!!!

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
So, when you turn on a tap, the pump clicks in. It's switched on by microswitches in the taps, I take it, not by a pressure switch that detects loss of pressure as the tap opens.

Can you get at the pump? Disconnect the hose from the pump outlet, and get someone to switch on a tap briefly. Does water come out of the pump?

No water? put finger over outlet and try again, to see if air pressure is built up.

If air pressure is built up, check for air leak/detached hose in the hose section back to tank.

If not, disconnect hose from pump inlet, then try the pressure test again. If no pressure, pump is faulty, probably split diaphragm or bit of dirt stopping a valve closing. Try flushing through with hose from house water supply. If there is pressure, pump is OK, there is blockage in hose from tank to pump. Possibly a failed one-way valve, possibly a kink in the hose (cold water hoses get more flexible in hot weather).

If water pumps out in the first test, there is a blockage after the pump.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
RS SPIKE

RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
After having another look this morning,i decided to look at the water heater.
i noticed a clear pipe with a air bubble in it,so i dropped some water out the blow off valve,
I tried the tap and after a gush of air i now have water :)
But why would it do this ?? i could of understood if i had done a full drain down,but the tank was 3/4 full.

Upvote 0
Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
This sounds silly but has got me out of trouble before. you need to try priming the pump. turn on cold tap, and put your mouth over spout and suck. doesnt work if the pump has failed but will generally clear an airlock or prime pump

Selfies mandatory?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back