Channel 4 in Benidorm (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
can anyone staying on Raco campsite plugged into the sites satellite to let me know if you can pick up Channel 4. Have stayed many times & know you can get BBC & ITV but never needed Channel 4 until this year as want to pick up Formula 1.

OP
OP
Edenside
Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Thanks Satandpcguy the reason I asked is although the site has satellite reception last time we were there we could only get BBC 2 Ireland which has some different programmes than the BBC 2 England. So just wanted to check it had the Channel 4 showing Formula 1.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
As you are aware, site satellite TV is different than having your own dish. You only have the channels that the site lets you have. Best way, if you are there long term is see the Belgian guy on the 332 at Albir. Get them to put you a 1.2 metre dish and stand up. Cost about 100 Euros.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Thanks Satandpcguy the reason I asked is although the site has satellite reception last time we were there we could only get BBC 2 Ireland which has some different programmes than the BBC 2 England. So just wanted to check it had the Channel 4 showing Formula 1.

Would seem strange...
unless they are only feeding one or two of the four frequency groups down the lines...or it is knackered....or if they pump through multiple satellites on the same cable feeds.. in whcih case some Astar1 frequencies would push out some of the Astra 2 frequencies.....

eg BBC Two Ireland is on vertical low..... BBC 2 England is on horizontal low, the same as C4.... so in which case you may not get C4....
But then C4HD is on vertical low....

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We are on Raco now and I have just checked the site TV and I cannot get Ch4 I get all the other channels okay, ITV BBC South etc...I rented a big dish (1.2m) and had it installed on the pitch by Britsat (and brought our sat box from home) and we get all the channels on that. Cost of rental is 60E, don't know the long term costs though.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
We are on Raco now and I have just checked the site TV and I cannot get Ch4 I get all the other channels okay, ITV BBC South etc..
What about C4HD...?

I rented a big dish (1.2m)

1.2m is not a big dish, in fact it is quite small compared to the 1.8 and 2.4m dishes what we needed in the area a few years ago...

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
1.2m is not a big dish, in fact it is quite small compared to the 1.8 and 2.4m dishes what we needed in the area a few years ago...[/QUOTE]

Quite right, I have a 2.4 metre one at my house in Javea, just a few miles from Benidorm.

OP
OP
Edenside
Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Was just hoping someone was on Raco at the moment and could check if Channel 4 available on site channels. Will not be there for a long stay so would not want to get a big dish installed as Snowbird suggested. Failing this we could always stay in France as have an 85cm on the van or alternatively can pick up Catalan TV further up the coast & follow it on that, cannot speak Catalan but can usually follow what's happening.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
or alternatively can pick up Catalan TV further up the coast & follow it on that, cannot speak Catalan but can usually follow what's happening.

Will be tricky since F1 in Spain is only live on pay TV...movistar+.
Only the Spanish GP was live on free tv.
Highlights are on TVE / Teledeporte and TV3 (the catalan channel)

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
What about C4HD...?

1.2m is not a big dish, in fact it is quite small compared to the 1.8 and 2.4m dishes what we needed in the area a few years ago...
No I can't get C4HD either, but the 1.2 m dish is getting all the channels, good enough for a temp solution. I agree if it was a more permanent situation then a bigger dish would be recommended, the slightest storm or heavy cloud and some chanells start to pixelate.

OP
OP
Edenside
Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Spanish TV charge for F1 but Catalan channel doesn't, as least it didn't earlier this year but cannot be picked up in Benidorm as its too far South.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Spanish TV charge for F1 but Catalan channel doesn't, as least it didn't earlier this year but cannot be picked up in Benidorm as its too far South.
Well looking on the TV3 and TV3Cat listings, i can only see 1 hours highlights at 8pm...no live coverage.....

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/tv3_extends_f1_coverage_deal_in_spain (and many other media sites) concurs with what I have said... TV3 has Spanish GP live and others races are highlights only... with Movistar+ having all races live...
No more live free F1 on Spanish TV, apart from the Spanish GP.

So perhaps you caught their Spanish GP live coverage...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back