ZZRMike

Free Member
Jun 1, 2016
Lossiemouth
Funster No
MH
Just waiting for ours .
Exp
Mad idea guys and i know it has to have been done or at least tried , has anyone tried flexible solar awning on their moho ?
<Broken link removed>
Just a mad idea from a mad engineer .

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
See 76 others have viewed this with the same result.

No comment!

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Replacement solar fabric for a roll-out would be of interest depending on price, longevity, warranty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Obvious downside is that if you are somewhere you can't have your canopy out, an aire or a pub stop for example, you would have no solar.

Depends how you use your van of course but for us it would be useless about 80% of the time so we would still need roof panels.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I imagine that one day soon it will be difficult to find a bit of bodywork on your motorhome that has not got a flexi panel of some kind stuck to it.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Unless it is really windy so it cannot be wound out, it would be great for site users as long as you are permitted to or can face the direction of the Sun - I can see this wearing well on CC sites - Not!!.:cautious: But as @NickNic stated above, not of any value to Pub Stoppers or lay-by hoppers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Obvious downside is that if you are somewhere you can't have your canopy out, an aire or a pub stop for example, you would have no solar.

Depends how you use your van of course but for us it would be useless about 80% of the time so we would still need roof panels.
Agreed, but a couple of consecutive overcast days will result in the same....no difference to me.
There will be many more times the awning will be in use.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I can understand it being used at home but not on a MH where the awning would be put out, in, out, in etc lots of times - I would be concerned about how well the panels/wires would cope with continual rolling/unrolling, not to mention weight. However for home you might as well go and have solar panels permanently fitted ... so it could turn out to be a bit of a 'white elephant'

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back