countryman

Free Member
Apr 4, 2014
suffolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Advice Please, We have a Hymer B 754 with fiat 2.8 jtd engine,on a recent tour the temperature gauge went to hot then normal then hot, all over the place,I Disconnected the main wire on the back of the dash board but still no luck. Cleaned sender unit wires,disconnected wires from sender, unit does not move, all wires refitted still the same.
Could it be sender unit,your advice would be much appreciated.All this happens with the engine off.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
are you sure you are looking at the temperature sender and not the switch. it caught out another member some time back

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
the other common fault is a bad earth to the display binnacle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
the other common fault is a bad earth to the display binnacle

I agree, on my 'older' Hymer I had to re-wire the earth contacts on the pcb to get the temperature display workin properly.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
are you sure you are looking at the temperature sender and not the switch. it caught out another member some time back
Yes, I remember that. We never heard back from him. Sorry, but that really gets up my flu a bit. o_O

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes, I remember that. We never heard back from him. Sorry, but that really gets up my flu a bit. o_O
some folk are just like that Dave. you put yourself out finding a solution or tracking down a part and not so much as a post to say thankyou, its now fixed. most appreciate the help though

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
some folk are just like that Dave. you put yourself out finding a solution or tracking down a part and not so much as a post to say thankyou, its now fixed. most appreciate the help though
I didnt mean you John. It was a member with a Hymer 2500 turbo like mine. cant remember his name. Spent days on it.

OP
OP
C

countryman

Free Member
Apr 4, 2014
suffolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanking you all for your advice on my temperature gauge,finally sorted, checked wiring,etc,leads into dash,etc,then tried new sensor unit all okay,ready for the summer??thanks to all.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Put some tape over the light :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun