Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I was wondering about the latest contrived coup that Erdegan has had in Turkey, It seems to be wonderfully efficient that he has managed the completely organised arrest of everybody he claims was in control of the 'coup' Thousands of all levels of society have been rounded up teachers, Army,civil service, Judiciary, and politicians of the opposing sides. plus everyone else that might just oppose HIM. All this was done inside a day??????
I am willing to bet now that Ford wish they had not transferred their Transit factory there as they have lost senior management and technical staff to the purge, The sweep is taking most of the secular and opposition from any form of position maybe to be replaced by the hard line muslim faction. We will see soon what has happened but I do smell the Russian hand behind it with the USA on the other hand sticking their bit in trying to keep the NATO alliance. I hope that all of the people there on holiday consider getting out before it blows right up.

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
I think mainland Europe has so much to offer Turkey is an unnecessary risk.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Im selling my Transit :unsure:
That'll show him

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I'm currently in Turkey on my own and wasn't due to leave until early hours on Sunday. Have completed the sale of my land and after trawling the net I've got a flight home tonight for £ 27.99 plus £25 for my suitcase. Haven't been affected in any way down in Dalyan by the coup. More affected by low cost holidays demise with whom I booked the package. Flight was ok but transfer to/from hotel didnt have me on their list. Not sure if I will have to stand the cost of the hotel. The owners blissfully unaware that the agent had gone tits up. They told me they haven't been paid yet for clients that were here in May. Seems this is the norm.
NOTE TO SELF - in future always pay with credit card despite the handling fee

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun