Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
We have 2 weeks to kill end of September, will be driving out to Ascherleben in Saxony Anhalt , and then need to be in central Belgium 2 weeks later. Other than that , I have no idea where to go or what to do , but looking for suggestions, places folk may have been , etc to try and piece together a plan, even if just moving from place to place to do nowt..

Recommendations for good sites , for an 8M A class , preferably with spa etc would be helpful. Not shoppers, but like to be nosy and look round places, will have push bikes with us , but anything remotely hilly will have us both blowing out of our arses ... Ideally staying clear of big places, I have done Berlin, Frankfurt and Leipzig to death, smaller cities may be interesting (Karlsruhe was nice ) .

Thanks in advance

phil

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
You can't go wrong with the mosel that time of year

Yeah, its nice, we did a few days there last year , but have spent very little time further over , will be doing maybe 3 days there in the second week, as im hoping to get a shot around the Nurburgring as well,if everything else goes ok.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We are off to North Germany some lovely places around there. A few of the places we are Hamburg, Schwerin, Potsdam, Dresden and Colditz. :)

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
i heard Dresden is nice, might give that a look

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Romantic Road from Wurzburg south to Fussen - lots of nice old walled towns, rivers, swimming pools, cycling opportunities and Cable cars at Fussen and Newschwanstein castle built by King Ludwig as copied by Disney.

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
If you're off to the Nurburgring I'd thoroughly recommend you get a taxi ride Broken Link Removed. I took my two lads on it a couple of years back and it was absolutely superb.

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
If you're off to the Nurburgring I'd thoroughly recommend you get a taxi ride Broken Link Removed. I took my two lads on it a couple of years back and it was absolutely superb.

I have a friend who is a test driver based there , so I got that covered , assuming he is rostered on, but yes , its well worth it .

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
We have done Belgium to death, usually spend a week there at some point during the season, great place, some nice sites, but as we have to be in Frankfurt on the Thursday of the last week, I don't want to have to double back on myself.

good links though , thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back