Free Member
Jul 18, 2016
Blackburn, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
3 years (15 years ago)
Hi, I have just joined MotorhomeFun and would like to introduce myself and hubby Dave.
At the moment we're looking for a campervan, yesterday we looked at a Peugeot Boxer, the layout is exactly what we need for the two of us and our elderly, infirm Lab. Trouble was, for£12K, it had a lot of rust and all the seals had gone. Of course, it's the worst time of year to try and buy, so we're not in a rush (being Sagittarius, not in a rush usually means tomorrow!!). We did have a Fiat Ducato Swift quite a few years ago, at 1.9cc it was a bit underpowered, so we're looking at over 2L.
Hope to meet some of you at the Rallies when we have a van.
Gill Locguirec.jpg

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
Welcome aboard. You're right to be cautious - buy in haste and repent at leisure! Get the best you can afford because these vehicles generally hold their price well, but avoid rust and damp at all costs. There are plenty of good van conversions out there so take your time.
Re. engine size I've noticed a massive improvement in my current van which is a 2007 Leisuredrive on a Ford Transit 2.2 TD over a Peugoet Boxer Autosleeper I used to own, which was only a 1.9 engine. Really makes a big difference on hills/mountains, and even normal driving as you'll be changing gear less often too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hope to meet some of you at the Rallies when we have a van.
View attachment 116028

:HelloThere: You don't have to wait until you get a van to join in. Checkout the Events page and see if there is something happening locally to you. Or try to get to one of the shows where the Funsters have a stand and our own camping area - you can also then have a look round at vans too.

Billyboy62

Free Member
Jul 20, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 1994
Hello all picking up a auto sleeper Dorset on Friday 29 July can't wait to get it and be on the open road

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

fred flintstone

Free Member
Jul 12, 2016
lincoln
Funster No
MH
Pilote P690
Exp
Since 2007 on and off
A big welcome. I only joined the forum last week but the members are so friendly.
I looked at loads before I bought mine.
It had 12 months MOT so I thought it was ok but the exhaust rubbers broke in Germany, 5th gear broke in Sweden. I may be jinxed :) RAC/AA inspection may be worth the money.
Keep searching and good luck.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back