Security Swing Away Handle... (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Does anybody know where I can get a similar to "Fiamme" security locks,,, the type that hinges over the door or straight out to assist getting in and out..

Needs to be able to lock it against the body and not across the door,,

I only have one door in total,,, and knowing my luck some smart asre will close it across the door when we are in.. :cry:

I know the Fiamme ones are about 50-60. odd£..... Only need it to assist in & out.

Thanks.

cyclingdoglucy

Free Member
Apr 27, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
retired vehicle
Exp
retired 4 months
support handle

hi.
i had the same problem & purchased a suction pad handle that was on sale at ALDI , it has never been pulled off the van & it cost £3 & blends in quite nicely.
regards:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
never seen any other make but fiamma Mo.

fiamma has a three way catch but can still be closed over the door.

maybe something like on the RVs would work for you.

just a handle/bar similar to a disabled bath handle but much prettier.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Thanks gents,, just thought (Fiamme) were a bit dear, not to worried about use as security,, Bit apprehensive about the sucker types, can see my lad ending up on the deck and not being able to get up..

Will do as "pappajohn" says and look for a pretty one.. :winky:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Link Removed

I have a Milenco rail and it can be locked either against the door, straight out for assisting entry or flat back against the van side.
I only paid about £30 for it at our local caravan shop, but they seem to be about £45 normally

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Link Removed

I have a Milenco rail and it can be locked either against the door, straight out for assisting entry or flat back against the van side.
I only paid about £30 for it at our local caravan shop, but they seem to be about £45 normally

Mmmm!!!

a case of 'the chicken or the egg' i think.

Milenco and Fiamma are almost identical.

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Is the Fiamma one not designed to be lockable in the 'closed away from door' position?

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
The Milenco has what I think of as "Proper Keys". The Fiamma one has come in for some critisism for the lock mechanism. Horses for courses I suppose :)

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Is the Fiamma one not designed to be lockable in the 'closed away from door' position?

Yes, But I am not that fussed about the security side of it,,

Robust and not sticking out to far are my main priority`s.

I think with the Fiamme and others the emphasis is on the security side of things and that is why they are so much.

Thanks All.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
even the 'none locking' fiamma will 'lock' in any of the three positions.

it has a pull down pin that holds it in position and if swung over the door you still cant get out without pulling the pin down and without damage.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
would it be possible to fit gatetype hinge hooks on the sie of camper and you hook a handle on to it as neccesary. or two small rings to side of van. cheers alan
ps. could be made in stainless and could be very cheap if you know any boating friends. you live in the right place i think.get down to a boat yard sure they,ll fix you up.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
would it be possible to fit gatetype hinge hooks on the sie of camper and you hook a handle on to it as neccesary. or two small rings to side of van. cheers alan
ps. could be made in stainless and could be very cheap if you know any boating friends. you live in the right place i think.get down to a boat yard sure they,ll fix you up.

not very stable for the primary purpose of getting in and out though....

were you related to Fred Dibnah by any chance, Alan :winky:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp

A friend made up a nice stainless one for the 5er, that just clipped onto a fixed bracket on the 5th wheel and bolted to the steps with a couple of wing nuts,, It was superb and worked great,, I should have taken it off. :Doh:

I was going to get him to make another one,, and funnily enough he does make bow and pushpit rails etc for boats..

But the miserable bugger has gone of round Europe early in his motorhome.. :Blush:

Thanks Alan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back