Yippee !!!! Six months and no politics (1 Viewer)

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
We are off on the 11th oct by Eurotunnel returning lata April 2010 cant wait so fed up with the lying cheating bunch of scumbags in all political parties.Doesn,t our media make you feel miserable, Bad News , Bad News , Bad News
We have no plans when we reach Calais other than get down to Almeria in November , can anyone suggest 2 or 3 Aires / campsites / French Passion to get us over the first few days , we dont like to travel tolls and max about 200 miles
wanderer

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Aires

Depends which way you go We stopped at Bergerac S France and La Marina by the beach south off Alacanti and on Capo De Gato but only 1 night allowed.. dare say there are others out there to give more places.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Great France Passion place at Tesson just south of Saintes, north of Bordeaux. Called Domaine du Chateau Guynot - cognac producer that does the most amazing bubbly - cognac based - called Evasion - it's got to be tasted!!:thumb::thumb:

We reckon on being there about 3rd 4th Nov ish!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
See you back here in April 2010 when things will be even worse! Much much worse!

Seriously, have a great time!::bigsmile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi Frankie. We will be passing by about the 6-7-8 Nov, from Parc-Verger to Niaux..

Will have to try and meet for a glass or 6 of :wine: :thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi Frankie. We will be passing by about the 6-7-8 Nov, from Parc-Verger to Niaux..

Will have to try and meet for a glass or 6 of :wine: :thumb:

Welcome welcome!!!!

What kind of wine do you like?You have to tell me there are so many!!!!!:RollEyes:

Give my best regards to Bob and Di

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Welcome welcome!!!!

What kind of wine do you like?You have to tell me there are so many!!!!!:RollEyes:

Give my best regards to Bob and Di

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:

About 4 bottle`s a day medium sweet white please.. :winky::ROFLMAO:

I`ll pass on your redards to Bob & Di,, :thumb:

Best Regards
Maurice.

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Hi Frankie
Thanks for the offer we have two old dogs (ben the lab who is 12 and Sally rat the terrier who is 22 ) Would that be a problem at your place
Wanderer

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Almeria Frankie

Frankie,
You should be ready to cast your vote and make a difference to the UK.
As far as getting to Almeria from Calais without paying too many tolls try :- Route to Rouen, D840 to Brezolies (good O/N aire stop) ,Charteres, N154 to Orleans,N20 to Vierzon, free M/W A20 to below Brive, Pay M/W to Rocamadour (2nd most visited place in France) good O/N Aires here. On RN to Cahours,D911, N21 to Agen, D931, N124 and 134 to Pau.
Oloron to Somport tunnel--Free--E07 Jaca, Huesca, Zarragoza. A23 Velencia A7 ring road come off at 340 then onto 344 Yecla to meet up with A30 to Murcia, then onto E15 to Almeria.
Most are M/W standard so fairly fast route free and seeing France and Spain as we should do.
By the way to route to Oloron to Somport tunnel has a railway across the gorge built in early thirties and abandoned in late thirties due to the Spanish civil war, what a train journey that would be if reopened.
Good luck with your journey, it brings back memories having done it many times.
Ron W.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Frankie,
You should be ready to cast your vote and make a difference to the UK.
As far as getting to Almeria from Calais without paying too many tolls try :- Route to Rouen, D840 to Brezolies (good O/N aire stop) ,Charteres, N154 to Orleans,N20 to Vierzon, free M/W A20 to below Brive, Pay M/W to Rocamadour (2nd most visited place in France) good O/N Aires here. On RN to Cahours,D911, N21 to Agen, D931, N124 and 134 to Pau.
Oloron to Somport tunnel--Free--E07 Jaca, Huesca, Zarragoza. A23 Velencia A7 ring road come off at 340 then onto 344 Yecla to meet up with A30 to Murcia, then onto E15 to Almeria.
Most are M/W standard so fairly fast route free and seeing France and Spain as we should do.
By the way to route to Oloron to Somport tunnel has a railway across the gorge built in early thirties and abandoned in late thirties due to the Spanish civil war, what a train journey that would be if reopened.
Good luck with your journey, it brings back memories having done it many times.
Ron W.

Hi Ron!

I'm a bit puzzled with your post . Maybe i didn't get properly, my english still needs improvement after all. This is what i understand: you're indicating me a way to go from Calais to Almeria without toll and in the best way to be able to visit France and Spain.
If i got it wrong :Blush:, please explain me what you're trying to tell me!

I 'm french so i don't need to go from Calais to Almeria if that was my wish . In fact i don't even want to go to Almeria . I'm living in Toulouse, and i was just offering a stop over at my place:winky:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Hi Frankie
Thanks for the offer we have two old dogs (ben the lab who is 12 and Sally rat the terrier who is 22 ) Would that be a problem at your place
Wanderer

Hi Wanderer!

I live on a stadium, being the warden. So if it's during the day, you'll have to keep them on lead.But i'll show you where you can take them for a walk without the lead on.
AS i'm working as well as a child carer, as long as there's a child in my house (up to 6;00pm usually)you can't let your dogs in my garden. When all the children have gone then you can let them run free i don't mind . I had a dog myself. He has gone to dog's heaven very recently:Sad:. I'm dogs' friendly so don't worry, we'll find a way for them to have a nice time as well at my place:Smile:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Good morning Frankie,, I have sent you a PM. :thumb:

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Frankie

Sorry Frankie, I must have mixed up with someone asking route to Almeria from Calais.
Slapped wrist for me
Regards Ron W

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back