Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
My R.V has steady legs at the back which are just slide out ones and not that adjustable :Sad:

My idea is to take them off and fit some static caravan wind-up legs on all 4 corners..........................anyone done it?

Boo

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
No reason why not apart from the weight and all that winding. Just sit back, rock and roll, hee hee.

OP
OP
Boo

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Caravan type steadies on several tons of RV
:ROFLMAO:

Our Winne came with the PowerPlus swing down US leveling system, 8500lb each, great piece of kit, if you fancy a laugh/heart attack have a look on the Gold RV site, here.... PowerPlus Automatic Control System | Gold RV

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I mean to use them as corner steadies not leveling legs dude :winky:

Yes I have seen the ripoff prices of those rams before, think someone was selling some second hand ones on here not long ago for £700ish.
Would be better off going to a commercial scrapyard and finding some hydrolic legs from a hiab or something, which is what I had in mind a while ago :Smile:

Boo

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi boo you could pick up some cheap hydrolic jacks from trago or pool market. they would have all the strength you need . few blocks wood as well no probs. think mean, i do .cheers alan

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
I mean to use them as corner steadies not leveling legs dude

I realised that but you'd have to tippy toe about not to bend 'em I reckon, which kinda defeats the object me thinks:ROFLMAO:

My thinkings, caravan weighs what 1.5 - 2 tons, all in, back end of your RV weighs about that on each corner!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boo

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years

I realised that but you'd have to tippy toe about not to bend 'em I reckon, which kinda defeats the object me thinks:ROFLMAO:

My thinkings, caravan weighs what 1.5 - 2 tons, all in, back end of your RV weighs about that on each corner![/QUOTE]

Even if I painted them black?? :Eeek: black looks stronger than silver don't ya think?

Good thinking Alan dude...................I will have to check out pool market next saturday.....................wanna chat n coffee there? I'll text ya :thumb:

Boo

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
thats all my Kontiki has......

caravan corner steadies on angle iron brackets to bring them low enough.

they only have a drop of 15" to 18" though and at times i need wood blocks as well.

seem to work ok.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

My thinkings, caravan weighs what 1.5 - 2 tons, all in, back end of your RV weighs about that on each corner![/QUOTE]

Boo

as im sure you're aware Boo, they aint designed to lift ANY weight...even a caravan.

just there to stop the back end bouncing up and down on the springs as you move around in the van.

but with the weight of an RV you wouldnt gain anything by using them anyway.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Boo Iv'e seen Papa John Sup:drink:
Trust me:thumb: he is an expert on steady legs:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: