Elddis 180 2006 (2 Viewers)

Apr 29, 2014
isle of man
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
As anyone attempted to line the shower room/toilet area with plastic interlocking panels over the original wallpaper to make the room more usable. If so did you go around the mirrors etc or remove and place the panels behind. Also do you recommend a Wooden duckboard to relieve the strain on the Shower tray when using the toilet or sink. Finally did you strip the wallpaper back or simply stic the UPVC panels to the wallcovering

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not done it but you might be better getting some plastic sheeting type boarding rather than interlocking as that won't be totally watertight, I doubt if you'll be able to strip the walls though so best to leave the wall covering on and just stick the new boarding over it. An alternative to boarding is a type of vinyl flooring instead - not the domestic one as it's usually too 'soft', but the stuff that's more like a modern version of linoleum - it will be easy to cut to shape and stick on - ask at local carpet shops if they get off-cuts from jobs etc - we often get them at a local car boot sale.

A duckboard would be a good idea if you are able to make one to fit to protect the shower tray but make sure you put some sort of pads under it so it can't rub on the plastic itself and take the surface off.

OP
OP
benellioldman1
Apr 29, 2014
isle of man
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Thanks for your reply I can see your point about the panels being in one piece

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Putting a tag for @Terry .he may be able to advise.
Yes I have done plenty of plastic panels both 900 mm wide and 250 mm -250 is easier to fit / cut in a tight space --the 5 mm boards are better than the 8 or 10 mm (y) You can stick and screw through the back edge where the tongue slots in (y) I use Puraflex 40 or Stick all is quite good You can run a small bead down the joints (at the back) if you are concerned about leaking or use a bead of painters chaulk in case you get it on the front edge as it wipes off with a wet cloth ;)-You can fix mirrors etc back onto the boards --You can also buy a spongy floor covering for the shower tray (y)
terry

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
--You can also buy a spongy floor covering for the shower tray (y)
terry
I have bought these
http://www.benedomo.co.uk/product/wet_area_mat_ultima_gold
But in slate grey. Looks smart and does not hold any wetness, however as it says on website can slip when used as small mats in showers so I have fixed some anti slip pads underneath. Comfortable to stand on in bare feet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back