Whitby or other arera (two hours from Doncaster) (1 Viewer)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I’ve got a whole spare week between hospital appointments (30/-7 /to 05/08) so we going to try and get away. It’s really needs to be within two of home ( Doncaster) near civilisation (in case of emergencies), have mobile phone reception (ditto) a clean shower block would be beneficial as I have a peg feeding tube fitted at this time and the m/h shower is a bit tight.

I’ve always fancied Whitby and we have never been, we will be taking a car as well to get about as it will be easier than moving the m/h daily. Other areas will be looked at and were going to wait to see where the better weather is before committing, we members of both CC & CCC at this moment so good cl or cs could be a possibility, just really looking for a week’s chill out after 6 shXXy months(y)

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Take a look at this one. We've been several times and it's a really lovely site and only a couple of minutes walk to the pub.
http://serenitycamping.co.uk/

thanks @The Dude

swimbo had ear marked that one, nice to have a personal recommendation

edit: does it have showers, the web site does not mention any?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
I recently went to Broadings Farm Whitby... Close to the Park'n'ride
New shower block
£18 inc EHU
http://www.broadingsfarm.co.uk/

I walked down into town but after the first time walking back up to the site - I got a cab!

thanks for link, Im not up walking at present, but we will allso take the car with Blue badge for parking

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We use Sandi field farm caravan site on the way to Sandsend can walk into Whitby along the beach. Not the most attractive site but does have 2 shower blocks one new a couple of years ago! May be booked up as holidays have started!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We use Sandi field farm caravan site on the way to Sandsend can walk into Whitby along the beach. Not the most attractive site but does have 2 shower blocks one new a couple of years ago! May be booked up as holidays have started!
Just seen your no walking far sorry but if you've got car that's great and it's on a bus route!

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
It mentions the facilities under the heading Campsite. Showers, disabled shower and luxury wet room and hair dryers.

I must have missed that, thanks, Im flaging a bit today, chemo fatigue seems to have set in, ineewd to push throught it, but its harder than runnig up hill... training choach were are you?

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi Phil:hi:
Glad you've plans to get away. We stayed at Serenity a year or two ago & really liked it, v laid back.....I was chasing the owner for about 3 days to pay him:LOL: & right in the village but the hill down to the bay is the steepest I've ever seen....nice though once you're down. Have a few places quite close by if you feel up to exploring(y)

A friend & myself are booked into Broadings in Sept when Les is on his Euro trip & I've heard good things about it too. can't wait:D

Edit:
Serentity also had a camping kitchen & info room all set up for all to use.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Skeggness is lovely this time of the year. (y) And an evening stroll along the place de chipoil can be inspiring. :)

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Love Ferry Meadows!

Nene Valley railway and Scarewell Farm well worth a visit. Stamford is lovely too.

Not sure if there's anything on at the shows round this weekend, but handily placed for that too.

Have a great time

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back