Fiamma quick fit privacy rooms (1 Viewer)

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Saw one of the above awnings yesterday and wondered if anyone who had one could give their thoughts please?They advertise 15 minutes to erect,doesn't seem bad.Any thoughts from owners please?

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
PAH! It will take 15 minutes if you have a team of about 5 operating with military precision!
It takes me about an hour to get ours attached, with the help of my wife who sips gin and points out the things I have done wrong! :D

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
We have one that came with our motorhome, and we have put it up once, just to see what it is like.

It was quite simple to put up, as long as you have a small stepladder, because you need to be able to get to the highest point of the roll-out, in order to attach the sides. It all went together in around 30 minutes (and it was our first time with it) with just the two of us.

The sides fitted well, but the front seemed to be about 5cm too short! We put that down to not understanding the process and, becoming convinced that we would probably never use it again, we just packed it away, and transferred it to the garage when we got home. It will probably go with it again, when the motorhome goes, but I cannot see much point, really. We bought the motorhome so we could see more places and be more mobile than you can with a fixed tent, so adding a fixed tent to the side of a motorhome seems a bit of a retrograde step.

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
15 minutes sounds optimistic to me.

I have also only used ours once, again it came with the van. It's a good awning and survived very wet & windy Welsh weather with no problems, but once it's up the van's immobile. The one time we used it for a week we had the car with us as well.

We're trying to manage without an awning at all - but if I do decide one is needed then it'll be a drive-away type.

Oct 28, 2011
west midlands
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
new
We had one a few years ago, found it quite heavy to use/store. Also, you seem to get condensation, and they rattle alarmingly in a light breeze ! Not good for sleep. Swapped it for a more lightweight Kampa, now moved on to a Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro, but we do tow a little car, so a fixed awning is not for everyone. We also have a very lightweight Lillypad Leisure which is so easy for weekends, etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stumpy

Free Member
Jul 11, 2016
Torquay
Funster No
MH
hymer S830
Exp
A CLASSI HAVE BEEN MOTORHOMING FOR OVER 12 YEARS
Saw one of the above awnings yesterday and wondered if anyone who had one could give their thoughts please?They advertise 15 minutes to erect,doesn't seem bad.Any thoughts from owners please?
no thanks had one done that worn the shirt a right pain in the arse, sold it after only one use now have an inflatable drive away awning far better and in france you wont get someooe on your pitch if you go off for the day

SallyP

Free Member
Mar 7, 2017
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
T Line Roller 590
Exp
Sound like a non starter then !!!! I do like the soun of the one that stays put when you take Moho out for the day

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
The drive away air beams Ones sounds what your looking for, their really brilliant and sturdy.
We had a fiamma safari room, extremely heavy material and like others said need a ladder and Popeyes's muscles!!!
Airbeam every time

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
As per everyone else. Had one that came with the van and sold it to someone who doesnt read the threads !
Had a driveaway awning for a couple of years when surfing so we were on the same campsite all the time and it did the job.
Now we have no kids to come away with us there is no point.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Well I think they are an excellent piece of kit. Near brick build solidity. If on winter sun trips with a lots of time in one place you can't beat them.

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
Sound like a non starter then !!!! I do like the soun of the one that stays put when you take Moho out for the day
We too had one with our first van but it had never been used, we didn't use it and it got sold on with the van. If people want to faff about with room-type awnings, perhaps a caravan would suit them better and would certainly be much cheaper than a motorhome. If, like us, you love to travel and explore, moving on every day or so, then such an awning becomes a real pain. Bear in mind, too, that you can't put them up on the aires so you would have to spend unneccessary money on campsites. We went for a roll-out side awning to give us some shade in hot weather and this takes just seconds to use. Consequently, moving on is no hassle at all and we can be ready to roll within five minutes of making the decision to seek pastures new. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Yet more products that seem to fall into the Marmite category.

We (Mme really) are considering a room type awning. One snag is the close proximity of the top of the hab door to the underside of the wind out awning. Gave the numbers to Johns Cross and their advice is

1. raise the wind out cassette
2. a Fiamma Privacy room

We intend several months dahn sarf during next winter and will certainly be in one place long enough to justify the time required for a satisfactory erection.

All advice welcomed though pls remember that I have a short attention span and I am easily confused.

TIA

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Have a look at the Quest pop up 4 side or 6 side with the side panels, watch it on you tube it really does go up in a minute and very good in stormy weather without rattling on the side of your van.

Aug 18, 2009
essex
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick Duo
Exp
Yet more products that seem to fall into the Marmite category.

We (Mme really) are considering a room type awning. One snag is the close proximity of the top of the hab door to the underside of the wind out awning. Gave the numbers to Johns Cross and their advice is

1. raise the wind out cassette
2. a Fiamma Privacy room

We intend several months dahn sarf during next winter and will certainly be in one place long enough to justify the time required for a satisfactory erection.

All advice welcomed though pls remember that I have a short attention span and I am easily confused.

TIA
aways make time for a satisfactory erection (wind out or pop up)

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
They definitely fall into the "used once, in excellent condition" sales category. They tend to appeal to ex-caravanners so if you want to buy one I would wait until an unwanted one appears on here or Ebay.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back