Jul 13, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer S550
Exp
2 weeks
Hi
I wonder if anybody can help me. I have recently bought a 1992 Hymer S550,with a Mercedes chassis.
I am having difficulty working out how to use the hot water and fridge off the gas.
I have put on the Trauma boiler, but both the red and green light come on at the same time. I also can't seem to turn on the fridge via gas.

Am I missing something simple, such as turning the red handle at the front? I have contacted Hymer for an instructions manual, but would prefer to get hot water quicker than that as I am already on the road.

Many thanks

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Have you checked that the gas valves on the manifold in the cupboard next to the 'fridge are open?

OP
OP
D

Donkeykong15

Free Member
Jul 13, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer S550
Exp
2 weeks
Yep they are all a horizontal position, which I'm guessing is on as the jobs are working.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
If the fridge hasn't been used on gas for a long time (weeks or months) the gas pipe will be full of air. It may take a some time for the gas to come through and fill the pipe, because the fridge gas jet is quite small, not much bigger than a pilot light.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yep they are all a horizontal position, which I'm guessing is on as the jobs are working.
They will be on when the knobs are in line with the pipe, as in the handle runs the same way as the pipe.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If they are not automatic you will need to press the knob in on the fridge while lighting it with the igniter switch, hold in until it warm the thermocouple for the gas valve and then you can release.

A picture of the appliances might help.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back