Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
norfolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
about 8
Does anyone know of a Waxoyl treatment centre anywhere in Norfolk or surrounding counties? Ive tried Googling it and could only find a place in Northumberland and one in Hertfordshire.
Thanks
Martin

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Does anyone know of a Waxoyl treatment centre anywhere in Norfolk or surrounding counties? Ive tried Googling it and could only find a place in Northumberland and one in Hertfordshire.
Thanks
Martin
Try contacting Waxoyl direct and ask them.

Waxoyl Switzerland

Alternatively you could save yourself a fortune by sticking this number in eBay....170342902469 and doing it yourself. Its in Norfolk.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
unfortunately its abit of a diy product. used by many garages probably the best protection you can have. there as been mobile waxoilers but there as been lots of complaining about quality of the fiished job. i think you will find it hard these days to find anyone, but i could be wrong. try your local garage ask if they dont i,m sure they will put you in the right direction . depends if you want warranty. cheers alan.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
unfortunately its abit of a diy product. used by many garages probably the best protection you can have. there as been mobile waxoilers but there as been lots of complaining about quality of the fiished job. i think you will find it hard these days to find anyone, but i could be wrong. try your local garage ask if they dont i,m sure they will put you in the right direction . depends if you want warranty. cheers alan.

Quite agree Alan - there are many people who spray waxoil - generally where it can be seen - trouble is the rust happens where it cannot be seen - Some so called treated land rovers I have seen prove it is easy to rip the unwary off. There is a guy I think under the name of before and after that offers a warrant to his work and he has been around for at least 10 or 15 years to my knowledge - worth paying the extra and travelling for a good job.

St.Cyr

Free Member
Aug 23, 2009
West Wales/Normandy
Funster No
MH
Merc self-build
Exp
On & off, 30 years ...
We've used Waxoyl for years on all our vehicles and have always applied it ourselves. Most motor-factors stock it in gallon cans. When we bought our 1st can yonks ago it came with a spray thingy that screwed into the top of the can. it eventually died of plastic-fatigue but since then we've used a garden-spray, the sort with the plunger on top which pressurises the container slightly. With the nozzle you can reach most areas. For doing inside sills & box sections you can use a length of plastic tube with the end blocked off & a small hole or two an inch or so from the end, pull the trigger as you withdraw the tube & it sprays over all the inside of the item. You just need to warm the can up a little & it sprays fine. Best of all it's not a dirty job and apparently it's good for the skin, lol! ::bigsmile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
back along there was some pictures on this site about someone doing or not doing a proper job .bit of searching required i think.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
depends if you want warranty.
By far the best warranty is doing it yourself. That way you know whats been done and what bits you missed. As 'landy lover' points out, many of the 'professional' will spray it where it can be seen by the customer. What they eye does not see (or cannot see) will be the places where the rust develops.

Of course 'diy' depends more on physical ability than money in your pocket.

Seem to remember a post on here a while back which was a right horror story of a guy who had his motorhome waxoyled. Luckily he drove it home in the dry and bothered to get underneath and look. It was a fine example of shoddy workmanship so he took photographs of it and threatened the garage that if they did not rectify the matter, he would post the photos on the internet.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
thats the one bulletguy cant remember quite when it was can you. not that far back i think.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
thats the one bulletguy cant remember quite when it was can you. not that far back i think.
I just remember he'd taken photos of areas where it was clearly visible the waxoyl had not been sprayed...totally bare metal. Very clear photos too. Can't remember the guys id name unfortunately.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
The story you refer to is Link Removed
but unfortunately he's allowed the domain with the pics on to expire:Doh:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
There is a guy that always takes full page adverts in magazines advertising his underseal services. (Before and After I think) At the bottom of the page there is a warning not to sleep in the motorhome for 2 weeks after using the underseal, so don't do it just before a trip!

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
There is a guy that always takes full page adverts in magazines advertising his underseal services. (Before and After I think) At the bottom of the page there is a warning not to sleep in the motorhome for 2 weeks after using the underseal, so don't do it just before a trip!

Spoil Sport - many people pay a lot of money to get that high :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously thought that is a good point if nothing else it can give a stinking headache and there is a fair risk of fire or explosion if care is not taken

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
The story you refer to is Link Removed
but unfortunately he's allowed the domain with the pics on to expire:Doh:
Pity that.....but at least i see he is still active having made a post only yesterday.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
The same guy in the horror story:whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Pity that.....but at least i see he is still active having made a post only yesterday.

Mmmm what do I say? - No Comment! however, he is right in that you do not want to sleep in it for a fortnight, it STINKS!!! you will be as high as a kite..

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
try telling us the truth .did you get anywhere complaining. would you have it done again . would you just do it yourself n save a few bob even if you cant get every where.

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
try telling us the truth .did you get anywhere complaining. would you have it done again . would you just do it yourself n save a few bob even if you cant get every where.

Ok

Did I get anywhere complaining = No

Would I have the chassis Waxoyled again = Yes

Would I do it myself = No

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Would I do it myself = No
Any particular reason, after your 'experience'?

Waxoyling is a really simple job as long as you are well prepared and have the entire underbody steam cleaned first. Ideally you need a warm dry day and wear protective clothing, a decent face mask, and goggles or safety glasses.

Done many cars back in my days of tinkering and as for the smell, i can think of a lot worse like those spray shit things folk use to make the interior 'smell nice' because they don't know how to open a window!

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I'm bringing this one back from the dead!::bigsmile:

Our MH is now sporting a good application of waxoyl. It bloody stinks!
I reckon 2 weeks is a very optimistic timeframe for the smell to go away at this time of year!

At least now we can laugh in the face of road salt! I have seen a few scabby builder's Transits around lately and didn't want our to emulate them with our regular winter trips!:Eeek:

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Having had a few of of my cars (Land Rovers) Waxoyled over and again, I can definitely say that Dinitrol is far, far better!

Better to use. It sprays more easily and spreads more. Used it on a recent galvanised chassis replacement on one of my LR's - bulkhead, door pillars, sills, floor, etc. I think, from current inspections, it lasts better.

Frost UK do excellent Dinitrol kits.

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
I didn't, although I had it sprayed black to look more 'factory' and less nickable.

All the other bits that do rust, like bulkhead, sills, floors, etc, but which survived, got Dinitrol layers on them.

Dinitrol do an excellent cavity wax that is very thin with high creep. I've used it on my Range Rover's upper tailgate to good effect as well as my rechassied LR.

Assuming I get my RMB, a weekend underneath with a Frost Dinitrol kit is planned.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back