Jun 19, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Morning Everyone (y)

Abit of ridiculous total newbie advice. It's our first time out in the new MH so be gentle - been packing for two days and at the moment we're so tense, making and checking lists, we seem to have had a fun bypass! (n):wasntme:

Booked Barnstones Campsite tonight at Great Bourton near Banbury. So we thought we'd go mad and do something on the way. We thought a little walk for the dogs might be nice. I thought I'd found just the thing - a village trail round Cropredy, next village on to Great Bourton. Then I looked into the parking which was at the local sports ground, the height barrier was 2.2m and we're 2.85m. The leaflet tells me NOT to park anywhere else in the village so that's cancelled.

Then I think - Burton Dassett Country Park - now I've only visited in a car many years ago. I've read on their website that minibuses can park there so I'm thinking that'll be ok. Does anyone know if there's a special part they park in or a special entrance that's best for Motorhomes?

I know at this stage you're all going - fer godsake woman! But I want our first trip to be magical - hubby's already close to apoplexy :oops2::tmi:

If anybody has any other ideas of anything to do with three excited pugs and a purple frothing husband - maybe I shouldn't ask :roflmto::Grin:

Thank you in advance :*

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Morning Everyone (y)

Abit of ridiculous total newbie advice. It's our first time out in the new MH so be gentle - been packing for two days and at the moment we're so tense, making and checking lists, we seem to have had a fun bypass! (n):wasntme:

Booked Barnstones Campsite tonight at Great Bourton near Banbury. So we thought we'd go mad and do something on the way. We thought a little walk for the dogs might be nice. I thought I'd found just the thing - a village trail round Cropredy, next village on to Great Bourton. Then I looked into the parking which was at the local sports ground, the height barrier was 2.2m and we're 2.85m. The leaflet tells me NOT to park anywhere else in the village so that's cancelled.

Then I think - Burton Dassett Country Park - now I've only visited in a car many years ago. I've read on their website that minibuses can park there so I'm thinking that'll be ok. Does anyone know if there's a special part they park in or a special entrance that's best for Motorhomes?

I know at this stage you're all going - fer godsake woman! But I want our first trip to be magical - hubby's already close to apoplexy :oops2::tmi:

If anybody has any other ideas of anything to do with three excited pugs and a purple frothing husband - maybe I shouldn't ask :roflmto::Grin:

Thank you in advance :*
The best person for this advice is @GJH if he's available am sure he can and will help
Good luck with your first trip, getting stressed for no reason everything will be fine(y)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Just chill out and enjoy the trip if you can't park there you'll find somewhere else,the last. Thing you need is stress!
Motorhomeing is about relaxing and enjoying.(y)(y)(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
According to the information I was given (see first entry Here) you should be OK size wise. They may expect you to pay the Minibus rate for parking though, see .

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
@hilldweller Now that sounds like definite "Man's Territory"! :giggler:

Normally, but there a numerous solo female MHers in here. They cope.

It's a sport watching this. Some just grab the tank and dump it. Some put on the rubber apron, elbow length rubber gloves, grab cans of disinfectant and finally the tank then spend the next hour fighting their excrement.

So have you got your hook up cable, reverse polarity adaptor and check plug ?

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Just looked it up on Google Maps (looks a lovely place to walk your dog) and it's a Pay & Display car park but doesn't have a height barrier.
Here's the Sat Nav co-ordinates: -
52°09'57.8"N 1°25'26.8"W

Hope you have a wonderful first trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Assuming the PM doesn't tell us all to stay home or be shot, we are going to Auto-Sleepers on Wednesday to have some work done on the MH.
We were going to stop at the CC Broadway afterwards site but its closed now, so I'm thinking Burton Dassett might be a good option, is the above advise still good?

Just want to drop anchor for the evening, have a quite beer and some dinner before watching the sun come up before driving home.

Trying to avoid contact with others due to the current situation.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back