Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Whew we were away our cold water every morning for the first couple of litres has a stale smell, the rest of the day it is ok. The bathroom is the nearest to the pump which is in the tank, so the cold water smells the worst in the bath room. There is no smell in the tank or hot water side.
I have flush the system with white vinegar and fresh water. Went out and tried it this morning and still the same. Can anybody suggest anything to solve this problem please.

OP
OP
pops

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Hi Joyce and Brian, Thanks for the reply, Yes it is the fresh water as we do not have the smell until we run the cold water, This morning I ran the water straight into a bowl and you can smell it in the water.
Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
is there perhaps an in-line filter on the cold line .. ? ..

if so, it could have bacteria causing the smell..

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
is there perhaps an in-line filter on the cold line .. ? ..

if so, it could have bacteria causing the smell..
If not then would be worth fitting one ... we have the NaturePure filter and get no smell or tastes with the fresh water.

In the meanwhile you could try some of the water purification tablets and make sure it stays in the pipes and taps for 24+ hours, then flush through.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
PURI SOL to flush and clean, AQUA SOL to keep it fresh
About £7-8 each

Easy to do just follow the instructions on the bottle

OP
OP
pops

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Thanks for the reply's. We are away to the New Forest for a few days tomorrow, so when we return home I will give your suggestions ago.
Thanks again.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we get the same a sulphur smell but only in the basin not at the sinkwhat type of taps do you have ours is the whale mixer

OP
OP
pops

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Not sure what make they are. The sink one is a single lever/twist spout made in plastic coated chrome. The bathroom is wall mounted/single lever mixer with plastic coated chrome shower head for both basin and shower. Van model is pilote F630 DJA.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Not sure what make they are. The sink one is a single lever/twist spout made in plastic coated chrome. The bathroom is wall mounted/single lever mixer with plastic coated chrome shower head for both basin and shower. Van model is pilote F630 DJA.
I know this is an old thread but they aren't plastic coated chrome....they are chromed plastic.
Close....but no coconut this time.

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
If you are getting a smell only before using taps and then its ok, you may have a leak on the trap, on your shower tray or basin. It would be the same as if you do not use it for a while and the contents of the trap dry out. Try blocking off the chrome waste fittings overnight. Worth a try. (y)

OP
OP
pops

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Just got home after our 3 month tour of Scotland and we have had no smell. I cleaned the system before we left home.I think the problem is the bathroom gets so hot and the heating pipes run next to the cold water pipes causing the problem, so cleaning the system before a trip solves the problem.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Stick a couple of "puri-tabs in to the fresh tank and it will clean the whole system.
Yes you may taste it a bit, but then it will have done its job, so stop using them.
Mitch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back