WeSwap - Alternative Money Card and a Free Fiver! (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Reading one of the financial supplements over the weekend I heard about another card like the Revolut one which can be preloaded with sterling and then converted to euros or other currency at a good rate.

At the moment it is giving €116.19 for £100 which is about 1% below the rate given on XE.com

There are some restrictions, the minimum you can withdraw from an ATM is €250 but it is free to use for smaller purchases in shops etc.

https://www.weswap.com/en/

If you sign up via this link they will apparently add £5 to your account for free. :) Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We have one, not used it yet but will be on our Sept holidays.Using it as a separate savings account solely for our hols. Can be used throughout Europe so for us its ideal.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
weve been using we swop for three years it was a bit flakey the first year especially on tolls and petrol but this year we didnt have a single refusal
I didnt know there was a minimum amount to withdraw and have not had any problems with that im sure we have drawn out less than that?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Thanks for the heads up, I've just signed up. Just a question please to you seasoned travelers - I load that card up, plus also take Euros (cash) then assuming I need to use another card for purchases, all I have is a Barclay credit and a Barclay debit. Are they ok to use, or a big no no? Thanks :)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
all I have is a Barclay credit and a Barclay debit. Are they ok to use, or a big no no? Thanks :)

Halifax has been a firm favourite on here for a long time. Very good rates and charges abroad. We been very happy for 2 or 3 years now.

Easy to open an account on line.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks for the heads up, I've just signed up. Just a question please to you seasoned travelers - I load that card up, plus also take Euros (cash) then assuming I need to use another card for purchases, all I have is a Barclay credit and a Barclay debit. Are they ok to use, or a big no no? Thanks :)
I have Barclays credit and debit cards but I keep the credit card just for emergency such as if there was a need for a major vehicle repair. The debit card is OK but you can get hit with a transaction fee which is OK on say a hundred euros of fuel but less so on smaller purchases. For ATM withdrawals I've been transferring money to a Brittany Ferries card but will use this new WeSwap card in future. I also have a Halifax Clarity card kept safe away from my wallet as a backup

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We're hoping we swap card will cover all purchases, taking our barclay debit card purely as back up.
I have Barclays credit and debit cards but I keep the credit card just for emergency such as if there was a need for a major vehicle repair. The debit card is OK but you can get hit with a transaction fee which is OK on say a hundred euros of fuel but less so on smaller purchases. For ATM withdrawals I've been transferring money to a Brittany Ferries card but will use this new WeSwap card in future. I also have a Halifax Clarity card kept safe away from my wallet as a backup

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Got to put my reading glasses on.....! Thought it said you want to swap the wife and give me a fiver...! :eek:

Can't be that bad is she...?:Eeek:

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:(y)

Reactions: DBK
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we used the we swop everywhere this year without any problems
same as all prepay cards it does take the full amount when filling with fuel and then credits any excess back later so best to fill when almost empty

Reactions: DBK
Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
we used the we swop everywhere this year without any problems
same as all prepay cards it does take the full amount when filling with fuel and then credits any excess back later so best to fill when almost empty

Would you mind explaining that please, 'takes the full amount and credits the excess later'. Thanks.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Would you mind explaining that please, 'takes the full amount and credits the excess later'. Thanks.
I think some pumps do that with all cards. You decide to buy say €100 of fuel but only manage to get €80 worth in. The card will be debited for €100 and the €20 over-payment credited back later. Sometimes quite later. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back