Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
hope this is the right place to put this. we have just had a cobra198 alarm fitted . when we set it there is no buzzer sound to let us know its set . anyone know how we can set the sound ?:thumb:

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
it says in the book you can activate it to beep . other half likes to hear the beep :Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i have a cobra on my hilux and it doesnt bleep either...just flashes indicators.

looking in the handbook it has the ability but sounds like a fitter/engineer function to set it.

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
i have a cobra on my hilux and it doesnt bleep either...just flashes indicators.

looking in the handbook it has the ability but sounds like a fitter/engineer function to set it.

thanks for that will give the chap who fitted it a call tomorrow :thumb:

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
hi

The Cobra alarm we used to have flashed the indicators when armed but only beeped if the system was armed when one of the contacts was open, eg, rear door, luggage door, bonnet etc to indicate to you to check something isnt left open, but pappajohn is right, i remember seeing the option to set the beep on arming in the manual, i think you need to know your manual pin number for the alarm.

hope this helps

N&K

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Mine does both:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi

The Cobra alarm we used to have flashed the indicators when armed but only beeped if the system was armed when one of the contacts was open, eg, rear door, luggage door, bonnet etc to indicate to you to check something isnt left open, but pappajohn is right, i remember seeing the option to set the beep on arming in the manual, i think you need to know your manual pin number for the alarm.

hope this helps

N&K

thinking about it, thats what mine does but not very loud. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back