Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Having just returned from our first trip out in our new MH:thumb:

I got talking to another MH'er as we were leaving and he mentioned that they have an oil filled radiator in his MH to run when on EHU.

What is an advisable max watt or type of heater to have for this purpose, any advice welcome

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
What is an advisable max watt or type of heater to have for this purpose, any advice welcome

We carry a Delonghi fan heater that has two powers, 2.5A and 5A, that's 600W and 1200W so we can use it one even 3A sites. Small and lighter than an oil filled.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
We have an oil filled heater of similar wattage to the above 2 x settings with safety cut out
although no heating appliance should be left unattended the oil filled IMHO are by far the safest if you intend to do so, we have with ours and leave it on 24/7 through the winter,when layed up, not that it gets layed up for very long, perhaps from a safety point of view not good I know, but demonstrates our confidence in the oil fired over fan heater type :thumb:you did ask :Doh:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi I am with Geo on this, we have an oil filled with two settings 500w and 1000w I have also screwed an electric 300w panel radiator to the rear wall, both of which I am happy to leave on 24/7 if needed, not so with a fan heater though.

Olley

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I agree with Olley and Geo

we have two wall mounted Delonghi slim line oil filled rads with twin settings, 500 and 800 watt, which are left on 24/7 when required.

jim

S

stagman

Deleted User
[We have a 600w Ceramic fan heater .The power is fixed but it has various fan speeds . great for spreading instant heat around the van . It is thermostat control with frost protection built in . Also safety cut-out switch if tipped over .:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back