Free Member
Apr 10, 2016
Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
Hi I am considering buying a safari room for my omnistor 5000.
Have found one for a 5002 at a sensible price.
Size seems the same
Will it fit?
It comes with fiamma clip system?
Any experience of fitting these?

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Omnistor fits Omnistor and fiamma fits....... Yep you got it, they are different brands. An Omnistor wouldn't have fiamma bits

Measure your awning rail to the ground and compare

Measure the width of your awning and expect the front panel to be .5 meter narrower, ie 4m awning has a 3.5 m front

Don't worry about a colour match, the variables are already too great to get a colour match

Expect it to weigh 15+kg

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
technology and inventions have really moved on since the omnistor safari room. The old ones are really heavy vinyl sheeting and the new ones are netting and ripstop nylon as used in modern tents. the old ones take a lot of storage space the new ones fit in to a carrier bag
i suggest you look a lillypad leisure

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
technology and inventions have really moved on since the omnistor safari room. The old ones are really heavy vinyl sheeting and the new ones are netting and ripstop nylon as used in modern tents. the old ones take a lot of storage space the new ones fit in to a carrier bag
i suggest you look a lillypad leisure
That's disappointing and a big backward step. We were looking into this option because we are concerned the dogs are going to tear our driveaway but if the materials have gone to cheap rubbish there's no point changing.

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
That's disappointing and a big backward step. We were looking into this option because we are concerned the dogs are going to tear our driveaway but if the materials have gone to cheap rubbish there's no point changing.

if you want strong /heavy duty go down the safari room route
if you want lightweight /quick look at the newer alternatives

I have both, I have the safari room for long stays, you can't beat the quality,........
long weekend - lightweight wins,
one/two nights, nothing

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
if you want strong /heavy duty go down the safari room route
if you want lightweight /quick look at the newer alternatives

I have both, I have the safari room for long stays, you can't beat the quality,........
long weekend - lightweight wins,
one/two nights, nothing
That was our view. The awning is great and wasn't a lot of money. We can easily uncool it and drive off yadda yadda but it isn't strong or sturdy enough to keep the dogs in of an interesting bird flies last or whatever.. the idea of getting a safari room was having something we could let the dogs in and out of the van without their leads in if we are chillaxing at the van for a day when on a longer stop. For short breaks we don't mind them being on a lead the whole time but it gets tiring for us and the dogs after a while.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back