Wanted haven type site 2 hrs from midlands (1 Viewer)

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
can anyone help. I'm looking for a haven type site to take the grandson weekend of 6 August . Like swimming pool entertainment slot machines bowling etc to spoil him and keep him entertained.

Looked at stanwix which is ideal but too faraway he gets travel sick. Haven want £140 for two nights even with mcc discount.

Anyone any other suggestions ?

I'm in Stoke on Trent

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Callow top in Derbyshire sounds nice. Not been yet but looks good for kids. Or did you want coastal

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Callow top in Derbyshire sounds nice. Not been yet but looks good for kids. Or did you want coastal

Edit: sorry, posting finger got carried away!

Ours loved Callow Top,the only time they cried when it was time to go home but that was a long time ago & it was all outdoor so you needed the weather, no idea how much it's changed.

Have you seen Tattershall Lakes in Lincolnshire....it's on pitchup.com

@Gazza333

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
can anyone help. I'm looking for a haven type site to take the grandson weekend of 6 August . Like swimming pool entertainment slot machines bowling etc to spoil him and keep him entertained.

Looked at stanwix which is ideal but too faraway he gets travel sick. Haven want £140 for two nights even with mcc discount.

Anyone any other suggestions ?

I'm in Stoke on Trent
Just found this link might not work, but if not it is marton mere Blackpool on you date£120
Broken Link Removed

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you havnt been and like this sort of site, I can throughly recommend the Blackpool one, bus right from the gate to centre of town, and I know this is not what you asked but out of season you can get get some real good deals here.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Have you considered Southport...
Ok, not a site but you can park at the Pleasureland car park and overnight. £10 a night, basic facilities water tap and somewhere to dump the toilet.. Lots to do for the kids..
Lovely park and play area, funfair next door, beach and prom just across road. Pier, amusement arcades, Swimming pool / water park also over the road. All the usual food places inc weatherspoons and Mcdonalds etc..
Then go through Liverpool under the tunnel and onto New brighton. Free overnight on the prom and ideal if you take a bike.
Visit the fort etc..
We did this with our grandkids last year, it was October and cold but they loved it..

193.JPG

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Just found this link might not work, but if not it is marton mere Blackpool on you date£120
Broken Link Removed
Thanks chaser.

Am I out of date here though £120 to use my motorhome for two days. £60 a night really. I find that very very pricey.

Or am I just a tight arse ? I was ok with stanwix pricing of about £34 a day just wished it was a bit closer

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)
I took my granddaughter to C&CC Conkers site last weekend. No swimming pool etc, but ideal for kids. Lovely site, helpful staff who parked my within sight of the playground and a chip van calls Saturday evening. Ten minute walk through the wood to Conkers Discovery Park where there are loads of things to do. If he likes playing with other kids it's perfect.
IMG_20160710_102110029_HDR.jpg
Cost me £26 for the weekend, on grass, no electric.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks chaser.

Am I out of date here though £120 to use my motorhome for two days. £60 a night really. I find that very very pricey.

Or am I just a tight arse ? I was ok with stanwix pricing of about £34 a day just wished it was a bit closer
Agree with you , I wouldn't like to be paying it, but if that is the sort of thing you want , couldn't recommend this site more highly.
Parked under trees with your own tap and grey water thing, electric hookup and you wouldn't know you were in a big camp , quiet and clean, shows on at night for free that you would pay a lot of this to go to in other places.

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Have you considered Southport...
Ok, not a site but you can park at the Pleasureland car park and overnight. £10 a night, basic facilities water tap and somewhere to dump the toilet.. Lots to do for the kids..
Lovely park and play area, funfair next door, beach and prom just across road. Pier, amusement arcades, Swimming pool / water park also over the road. All the usual food places inc weatherspoons and Mcdonalds etc..
Then go through Liverpool under the tunnel and onto New brighton. Free overnight on the prom and ideal if you take a bike.
Visit the fort etc..
We did this with our grandkids last year, it was October and cold but they loved it..

View attachment 115103

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Yes Southport is great for the kids ......Beach is fine but sea is a long way out that's the only downside
Yes, Benidorm without the sun. And the sea. Great place.
I had a lovely time with my grand daughter with funsters it could have been warmer but that didn't bother her! Lovely play area and safe cycling no road to cross£10 a night good value for summer seaside location .

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Yes Southport is great for the kids ......Beach is fine but sea is a long way out that's the only downside

I had a lovely time with my grand daughter with funsters it could have been warmer but that didn't bother her! Lovely play area and safe cycling no road to cross£10 a night good value for summer seaside location .

SEA ????? WHAT SEA ??? I never saw that.. LOL...
Yep but it's not as far away as Weston super mare.. You could go there for day visits and not see the sea until you get to retire there.. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Another vote for Southport. Loads to do for all ages!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back