Tiny frog. (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I just got back to the campsite after my scare, and plugged my EHU in. No power.
So I went out to the power post to unscrew the lid to I could reset the trips.

Once I had the lid back on I felt a tickle on the back of my hand and was about to brush the insect off when I noticed it looked odd. I looked closer and it was a frog that was only about 7-8mm in size. Dead cute. I was going to put it in a tub temporarily so I could get a picture of it when it jumped off my hand and was off into the grass. Wow, it couldn't half jump for such a tiny creature.

Once I am set up I am going to spend some time around that area to see if there are any more.

I just did a google and it looked like this one.

http://sugarmtnfarm.com/2006/07/27/tiny-frog/

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We used to get them at our old house as there was a pond. At this time of year, after a bot of rain all the froglets would come out of the pond and go in all directions looking for a new home with less competition for food. I used to avoid cutting the grass very short in July and early August so they had some cover.

They are very cute - think that is the correct word!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Nothing like a little bit of nature to take your mind off your back wheel trauma! We have tiny frogs as the neighbour has a pond full . Are they called froglets when they stop being tadpoles?!:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
A few years back we were at Ynys-Hir RSPB reserve in Wales when there were thousands of froglets everywhere making it difficult to walk the paths without treading on them.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
I see the occasional toad but, being close to the river, we have lots of newts around us.
I do love froggies though, they are all cute.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
We lived in Morven Road, Bearsden, when I was eleven, Kilmardinny Loch is very close by. In the summer you could hardly walk down the road for thousands of little frogs. They certainly are cute and we used to have frog races (no frog was harmed during these :)).

Thanks @Gromett for bringing back that memory.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've got frogs, toads and newts in our garden ... I found a baby newt the other day, just over an inch in length ... it was soooooooooo cute.

I tend to see the frogs and toads on a night when I let Tazzy out for her last piddle before bed and take the opportunity to go round the garden with a torch and do some snail and slug squashing as we have loads of them! The adult slugs are black/dark colours and just squish but stick to the bottom of my garden 'clogs' so have to be wiped off, but the snails make a lovely crunch noise! :D Baby slugs are pink and anything from half and inch to an inch long and are also cute but ... they still get squished!!!! :sneaky:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We've got frogs, toads and newts in our garden ... I found a baby newt the other day, just over an inch in length ... it was soooooooooo cute.

I tend to see the frogs and toads on a night when I let Tazzy out for her last piddle before bed and take the opportunity to go round the garden with a torch and do some snail and slug squashing as we have loads of them! The adult slugs are black/dark colours and just squish but stick to the bottom of my garden 'clogs' so have to be wiped off, but the snails make a lovely crunch noise! :D Baby slugs are pink and anything from half and inch to an inch long and are also cute but ... they still get squished!!!! :sneaky:
Don't frogs eat slugs and snails or is that just a made up thing?!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't frogs eat slugs and snails or is that just a made up thing?!
Yes they do and we have 2 ponds too ... but we've got LOADS of slugs and snails ... I've never seen so many of the blooming things! I think part of the problem is that we stopped feeding the birds earlier this year as we had yet another rat in the attic (enticed by the bird food) so we don't get so many visiting the garden - the blackies and thrushes really used to love throwing the snails around!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back