Cassette toilet first timer (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Welcome to the club scaniaman.
Can't help with the cassette. I've never done it, Ralphs job !

Upvote 0

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Open cassette outer door all instructions on the inside of door normally.
Release cassette from housing and empty in suitable place .
Failing all that you you could be in the proverbial :D

And :welcomesign:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Make sure the bowl is empty/dry before you pull the cassette out, after that it pretty straight forward and you could even practice with it empty if you fancy.

Martin

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
As said, open the cassette door and slide the cassette out. There is a catch underneath that releases it so it can slide out. Take the cassette to the emptying point - these can vary. You will see a spout which swings out from the body. When extended remove the screw on cap (usually yellow) PLACE THIS SOMEWHERE SAFE! Not where it can fal linto diposal point!
Now tip contents out of spout into emptying point. When empty rinse out using the specific hose or tap NEVER a drinking water tap!

It will probably need several rises (not too vigorous).

Now put your fluid into cassette followed by about a litre of water. Replace cap and put back into locker. Make sure no one in the van tries to use toilet in the interim!

If you want to see the experts watch this:

Wyn

Upvote 0

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
Oh no well that's me out of it ! Haven't done it yet and after that no chance. :mask:

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I always find it amusing reading people being so sensitive to the possibility of contact with their own urine and faeces. what happens when you use a toilet? do you pay somebody to wipe your bum and flush? Its not going to kill you, its just chewed up food

Upvote 0

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
A few simple rules. :)

1. Try to ensure that you tell the wife your taking out to empty. (y) If not, the following could occur.......

A. On your return, you may find something blocking the easy insertion of the cassette. :pray:
B. You may trap her lower end between the cassette and the frame. :Eeek:

2. When removing the cassette cap, try to ensure you dont drop it down the elsan opening. You can get quite messed up trying to retrieve it.:swear:
3. Try to ensure that the emptying tube is aimed at the elsan, and not at your crocks. :nerd:
4. In case of a suspected blockage by oversize contents, strongly resist the temptation to clear by blowing down the tube, or fishing around inside with a desert spoon. :hot:
5. If (by chance) your hands do become contaminated, resist the temptation to flick the problem away. You may find it stuck to your neighbors window. :mask:

Hope this helps. (y)

Upvote 0

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
just remember not to press the button too early - I got distracted once !! :sick:
Yes, did that too but at the time I was supposedly showing Swmbo how to do it. It's surprising how much comes out of the little holes by the button when you're not expecting it :eek:

Upvote 0
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Keep your mouth shut while emptying - nothing worse than a bit of splashback :LOL:

Upvote 0

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
I always find it amusing reading people being so sensitive to the possibility of contact with their own urine and faeces. what happens when you use a toilet? do you pay somebody to wipe your bum and flush? Its not going to kill you, its just chewed up food
No Im not squeamish Im just afraid to be there and it going all over because it wont come out !!! :cry: OH shut up Margaret :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Did anyone else spot the deliberate mistake
use rubber gloves to protect hands from contamination
then used gloved hands to roll up sleeves :rolleyes:
Now you know why surgeons walk about with their hands in the air

Upvote 0
May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Did anyone mention that you should point it away from yourself whilst emptying?

There is a small, very noisy and extremely smelly dog wandering around Spain in a Dutch motorhome that will never ever forget me, to whom I wish to say "sorry, it really was an accident and has absolutely nothing to do with the fact you kept me up all night with your incessant barking or your owners were too stoned to think about letting you in"

Fortunately his owners were too busy laughing themselves silly to think about collecting DNA samples from his blue rinsed fur
bluedogsupersize.jpg

Welcome to our world

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Once having successfully emptied said cassette... Never wash it out with drinking water tap hose as we saw an Italian do in France last year!! :sick:Needless to say didn't fill our fresh water tank there!!(and now always use wet wipes to clean hose before filling FW tank!)

Upvote 0
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Yes indeed be careful where you point it when emptying. I tried to empty mine whilst waiting for the ferry in Hull and unfortunately wasn't paying enough attention...

blue.jpg

Upvote 0

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
On a CL last year. Went to empty cassette, distressed lady there.
"Problem?" I ask
"Yes, I've dropped the cap down there" she said, pointing into the cludgy. "What can I do?"
"Well, stick your hand in and get it out" says I.
"Oh, I couldn't do that" she says. "Would you get it?"
So I did. Sucker or what?

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A few simple rules. :)

1. Try to ensure that you tell the wife your taking out to empty. (y) If not, the following could occur.......

A. On your return, you may find something blocking the easy insertion of the cassette. :pray:
Been there done that, came back to a No.2 sitting in the hatch.(n)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back