Munich to Sunny Beach Bulgaria. (1 Viewer)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We flew out to our apartment in Bulgaria last week for a fortnight and as the £ is struggling against the Euro thought it may be a good idea to drive back in the car end of August until the weather turns bad instead of heading to Spain in September.
Its many years since I did this run and it was then in a truck, so things have changed a lot.
We intend staying with my semi tame professor in Munich for a couple of days on route, so that is the route I intend to take.
Now my problem starts, which would be the best route down to southern Bulgaria from Munich, Austria, Slovenia, Serbia, Bulgaria, or Austria, Hungary, Romania Bulgaria. I know Romanian roads will not have improved much in the last 30 years, so that could be a deciding factor.
The other question is, which countries do I require a vignette for, and does anyone have any idea of price of vignettes.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I've driven down to Turkey several times, route I take is Germany, Austria, Hungary, Serbia & Bulgaria.
Last year from memory, a 10 day vignette for Austria was 8.5 euros, Hungary approx 5 euros and the tolls in Serbia approx 11 euros.

Pete

Many thanks Pete, would that be Vienna, Budapest, Belgrade and then down to Sofia ?. If so that would suit me as I can do Belgrade in the day from Munich then down to Sunny beach the next day. A comfortable 4 days driving from Liverpool.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Yes that's the route we take, staying over night in Budapest and Sofia. The road gets better each year.

pete

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Yes that's the route we take, staying over night in Budapest and Sofia. The road gets better each year.

pete

Is Serbia a toll road similar to France, Spain or do I need a vignette. Also what is required for Bulgaria.

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
In Serbia it's toll booths and you can pay in Euros. Bulgaria you'll need to but a vignette at the border, just like with Austria and Hungary, cost 8 Euros for 7 days.
Be careful at the border with Bulgaria, you'll find several kiosks/offices offering to sell you vignettes all at varying prices.

Bulgaria....
http://www.tolls.eu/bulgaria

Pete

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
All the motor policies I've had, have covered me for any country which is a member of the EU and others including Serbia.

Pete

P J

Free Member
May 29, 2017
Bulgaria
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
Hi Teknik, go through Hungary, Romania and then into Bulgaria at Ruse. EU all the way.
Good Luck
PJ & Ali

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back