Android Phones - millions infected with bug (1 Viewer)

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
All phones get infected frequently, whether that's Android or Apple, updates clear them. Other solution is to download Avast or similar to protect your phone in the first place. :)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I dont care. The only people who contact me are malware companies, and it's nice to chat with someone.........:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I dont care. The only people who contact me are malware companies, and it's nice to chat with someone.........:(

Have you ever thought about joining Jehovas Witnesse's

Little bit if walking
Little bit of talking
And that nice leather briefcase too

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Have you ever thought about joining Jehovas Witnesse's

Little bit if walking
Little bit of talking
And that nice leather briefcase too
I did apply.........But they didnt like my 'Gott Mit Uns' belt buckle for some reason. :(

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I did apply.........But they didnt like my 'Gott Mit Uns' belt buckle for some reason. :(
Their loss

How about

maybe it was because you were wairing your belt round your turban?

image.jpeg

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
In fact, they were not impressed with my interview suit. :(

(Some parts of the picture have been obscured to protect those easily troubled by symbols not containing red flags and hammers/sickle's).....:)

Fallschirmjager 03.jpg

Attachments

• Fallschirmjager 02.jpg
    Fallschirmjager 02.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
In fact, they were not impressed with my interview suit. :(

(Some parts of the picture have been obscured to protect those easily troubled by symbols not containing red flags and hammers/sickle's).....:)

View attachment 114283

Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Reading the item it says it affects older operating systems than both my devices run - and I don't live in China where it seems most prevalent. But it is a useful reminder of the vulnerabilities of electronic devices.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Just to cheer your day....
Thousands of cheap Chinese tablets have been sold (are still being sold by reputable retailers :eek:) infected with a delay activated Trojan embedded in the system firmware (n). Called Cloudsota. Mainly affects tablets with the Allwinner processor - but not exclusively.

How do I know :rolleyes:, yup friend of mine, her grandkids's xGody tablet has just been taken over :mad:.

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Really, I never heard of an iPhone getting infected with bug or malware.
My mate works in that field and the hubby works in a wider, but similar area. That's why you shld always get an antivirus prog whichever platform you use.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Really, I never heard of an iPhone getting infected with bug or malware.

Gone are the days when iOS malware reports were a rare thing. Following a wave of malware attacks on the iPhone and iPad – including a massive App Store hack andan Apple ID theft operation – a new security report reveals there’s dangerous malware in the wild that can harm any iPhone, iPad or iPod touch regardless of whether they’re jailbroken or not.

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
My phone is infected.

It opens random apps, play store pops up all the time, those really annoying 'you have won' pop ups keep.......you know, popping up!!

I've got to get all my pics off then I'm going to factory reset it. It's on the list...

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
My phone is infected.

It opens random apps, play store pops up all the time, those really annoying 'you have won' pop ups keep.......you know, popping up!!

I've got to get all my pics off then I'm going to factory reset it. It's on the list...
Hate to be the bearer of bad news... :(,
but I doubt a Factory Reset will clean your phone.
As I understand it, the malware is embedded in the actual operating software.
You'll need to "root" the phone (hack it) to access the is & remove the infected code.

I'm researching the possible methodology but I think the risk of bricking the tablet is quite high - not such an disaster with a ÂŁ35 cheapie.

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
Heh-heh, at last a chance to give my skipper stick, he's always on about how wonderful his Android is and he's been very quiet this trip... I wonder if he got the bug....:ROFLMAO:
Biggest sale point as far as I'm concerned is that since SWMBO went Apple I never get any computer questions on leave which after 42 days spent with 100+ guys who don't know their a from their e in the IT world despite being considerably younger than me is somewhat of a relief....:):)

Most important question on a DSV doing 24/7 saturation dive work in hazardous conditions?? - Why cant I get on Facebook......:censored::censored:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
My phone is infected.

I would install Malwarebytes and run it and see what it can find and hopefully fix. If you have a phone it should be fixable, as the item listed earlier was about Chinese the tablets which have the trojan embedded and therefore not readily removed. If you have a different device the malware should be removable using the right software.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Hell of a story when something affects less than 0.00001% of the active devices, running old versions of the os which doesnt get security updates any more, in a part of the world that predominatley use alternative app stores which have no controls over app code quality...

And lets not forget neither android nor ios can be infected by viruses..they have to be installed by the user.

But defo watch those cheap chinese imports ..personally id never buy one..

And just for balance...and again in china
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...dNlxqiQjjuLZGdxmQ&sig2=wujAJCnL4T7IUZxyAxNCZA

Last edited:
Reactions: DBK

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
I thought i phones, pads could not get viruses, malware etc.
Has both for years with no problem

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back