Blocked email addresses (1 Viewer)

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
I’ve only ever used BT for my emails and despite what others might say, I’ve always found it works OK for me.

One of the features I like, and it’s probably available with other providers, is the ability to block email addresses. A very simple process which can hold up to 500 addresses of what I would call nuisance and unsolicited email.

Up to recently, it has been easy to find the sender's email address by hovering over the name but suddenly that no longer works.

I’m not sure if it’s the sender now able to hide their address, BT changed the system or me not knowing how to work this laptop.

Anyone have a clue what I’m talking about and have a simple fix for me?

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
Try right clicking the sender's name then 'copy link' or similar. Then paste the clipboard somewhere you can read it - the web address will do. This should allow to see the sender's email address. I think(y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Right click over the mail concerned. You will get a drop down box. Select 'view full header'. You will get a box telling you everything about the mail, including the senders info, and any return address.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
I'm also a BT customer and I've just had a look at some of the SPAM emails that have been filtered out. On normal emails the address is still displayed when you hover the mouse over the sender's name but not on some of the SPAM ones. I suspect it's the sender causing this, not BT.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Right click over the mail concerned. You will get a drop down box. Select 'view full header'. You will get a box telling you everything about the mail, including the senders info, and any return address.
Didn't work for me Tootles.....been trying to block your frequently emailed offers of inflatable "toys" but you still send them..... :whistle2:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Didn't work for me Tootles.....been trying to block your frequently emailed offers of inflatable "toys" but you still send them..... :whistle2:
Thats because you subscribe to 'Punctured Awnings Monthly' David. Nothing to do with me. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GeriatricWanderer

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Bloomin 'eck, this Help Desk is quick!

Thanks guys - it's the right cllick that was the solution.

One of the features listed in the drop menu is Block - then a drop down again to give a few options of the Block feature.
So it looks like BT have improved the process even further.

Thanks again guys.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Thats because you subscribe to 'Punctured Awnings Monthly' David. Nothing to do with me. :)
Yes it was......... you gifted the subscription to me as a part of the deal when you subscribed to "Inflatable Annie weekly"........

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back