Why height barriers are put up (1 Viewer)

pilgrim55

Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I went to a local beach in my car today which is a known wild camping spot and spotted a van parked across a coastguard access gate, took a couple of pictures and got the finger from the lady (loose use of word) when they noticed me and they drove off.

Found them up the road a little while later so got out to ask them why park across the gate and the finger as they drove off. Guess what more finger, masks put on and curtains pulled. A fine example of our community, especially this forum as the van had a smiley face in the passenger window, no not from the lady.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Can see the sticker, might be an old one?? o_O

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
You can just see the sticker in the first photo, if you zoom in. What I find amazing, is that they travel with masks to hand! Maybe they have just been to a fancy dress party, or maybe they make a habit of annoying folk. Watch out for CP56EWJ!!

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
I see the van is Welsh registered..........
Wait for it..
Cheers, Dave (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Well if they are funsters , ( and the sticker wasn't left on the van when they bought it ) I bet they're a wee bit embarrassed now !

OP
OP
pilgrim55

pilgrim55

Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
We've already have barriers on two car parks, if the coastguard or foreshore patrol see this type of thing they will get a barrier put up to stop access to this road, just spoils it for the responsible visitors, especially as there is plenty of space to park avoiding the gate.

We also get a lot of twitchers there so perhaps they are confused doggers who just got it wrong.

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
You can just see the sticker in the first photo, if you zoom in. What I find amazing, is that they travel with masks to hand! Maybe they have just been to a fancy dress party, or maybe they make a habit of annoying folk. Watch out for CP56EWJ!!
Maybe they were armed robbers about to do a blag on the local PO and you scared em off. Lucky you didn't get 2 barrels discharged at you!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Why were you stalking them?

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Confused o_O
A height barrier won't stop numpties parking across an access?
On my planet - inconsiderate pitching/parking would result in a huge "not in my name" sticker plastered across there windscreen.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Or they're dogging :LOL:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Everyone assumes because there's a smiley sticker it MUST be a funster or previously owned by one.
MHF do not have copyright or a monopoly on yellow smiley stickers other than, I assume, official fun smiley stickers.
From the pic it can't be seen whether it's a fun sticker or a generic smiley.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I think I saw pictures of that van posted as it was converted

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Don't think they are dogging as their are no bowls outside a well known thing for those of us with dogs. Their tax disc looked out of date as well :)

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
I see the van is Welsh registered..........
Wait for it..
Cheers, Dave (y)
Erm No it's not!! It's Registerrd in Wales and In English

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
??? please explain wot u mean
Cheers, Dave(y)

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
Is the van registered in Wales or in Welsh ?:rolleyes:

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
If, and repeat IF, they were just siting there for a short break and not leaving the van parked and therefore being able to instantly move should the access re required, I don't see a problem. We don't know how long they had been stopped and whether they were just consulting a map etc. but presumably it wasn't early morning indicating a possible overnight stay, unless the OP gets out and about very early.

I do not however agree with the display of a finger, although I can understand it, especially if they had only stopped for moments, but masks?

Had I stopped to consult a map or for a quick pee in that position, or was consulting sat nav, or something,(as they appear to be in the third picture) and someone pulled up and started taking photos, I may well have advised them to mind their own business, in the nicest possible way go course. If then I drove away and was later confronted by the photographer I may well have been less polite.

But then we don't of course know the full facts do we.

Last edited:

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
There's still no reason to be rude though :blusher:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Well, good job no poor sod was drowning. A bit like parking in front of a fire station. Except then your van would be a funny but interesting wreck on the opposite side of the road.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Do doggers wear masks ????:eek:

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Errr, I know they shouldn't have been there, but may be they were consulting a map or taking a picture or using the thetford or something. As long as they were in the van and could move it on demand (or when someone came along and took pictures of them) then I don't see a problem.

To be honest, if someone came along taking pictures of me in my van like that, then they would probably get more than the finger. A few tire tracks over their still twitching corpses, more likely

Mind you, masks?? Sounds almost as dodgy as strangers photographing me. Perhaps worthy of making the old bill get off their backsides, anyone prepared to that level could be terrorists, candidates to replace Jeremy Corbyn or bank robbers.

As for doggers, don't they usually wear paper bags over their heads? Mind you, Bori's missus didn't bother when dogging outside of Waterloo station http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-outside-Waterloo-station-peak-rush-hour.html

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back