Endless Breeze - at last an alternative? (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Sitting here under the sweltering Portugese sun - looking online for an effective 12v fan

Is this baby an alternative to Endless Breeze?

PK Green Solar Powered 12V DC Fan (Fan) Amazon product ASIN B00LX7C0NO

Can also be purchased with in optional 20w solar panel

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Looks interesting although I'd say the 12v battery add on would be essential otherwise you could only use it during daylight hours when you have decent sun. On the comments on the PK Green website they suggest that if you do this you also need a charge controller.

They sell it with a couple of different battery options but don't appear to sell a charge controller.

Add £20 for a panel and either £10 or £25 for a battery and that would almost certainly push the cost higher than an Endless breeze

This one from the same people might be a better option as it seems to have everything included:

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Looks interesting although I'd say the 12v battery add on would be essential otherwise you could only use it during daylight hours when you have decent sun. On the comments on the PK Green website they suggest that if you do this you also need a charge controller.

They sell it with a couple of different battery options but don't appear to sell a charge controller.

Add £20 for a panel and either £10 or £25 for a battery and that would almost certainly push the cost higher than an Endless breeze

This one from the same people might be a better option as it seems to have everything included:
But I've already got 200w of solar and 360ah if batteries

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
But I've already got 200w of solar and 360ah if batteries

Looking at it on the PK Green site it's not obvious how the 12v connects. The battery they sell is a bloody great lead acid lump

If you you can get hold of a cable to connect it directly to the van's 12v supply then ideal (y)

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Looking at it on the PK Green site it's not obvious how the 12v connects. The battery they sell is a bloody great lead acid lump

If you you can get hold of a cable to connect it directly to the van's 12v supply then ideal (y)
The cheap 'standard' one that I bought includes a cigarette lighter connection, a 13a plug and a lead with crocodile clips (which I will remove and convert to Hella plug)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Is this baby an alternative to Endless Breeze?
You need the 'Skeggy Cooler', powered by it's own inbuilt nuclear reactor, (fully shielded), with settings from small waft to force nine tropical hurricane. (y) Proven to be a bit hit in the tropical paradise of Skegness, by many famous celebrities such as Jeremy Corbyn, Rolf Harris, and Stephen Hawking.
Easily transportable by three articulated lorries, you will never have another hot and clammy night!. :)

Wind_turbine_1888_Charles_Brush.jpg

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
You need the 'Skeggy Cooler', powered by it's own inbuilt nuclear reactor, (fully shielded), with settings from small waft to force nine tropical hurricane. (y) Proven to be a bit hit in the tropical paradise of Skegness, by many famous celebrities such as Jeremy Corbyn, Rolf Harris, and Stephen Hawking.
Easily transportable by three articulated lorries, you will never have another hot and clammy night!. :)

View attachment 114065
That's a very similar device to the one Mrs C uses to dry her pantyhose

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
It is only a 10 inch fan the endless breeze is slightly less than 14 inches, doubt it would shift as much air. So if you are looking for Maximum wind then you may need to keep looking, although the Skeggy Cooler may be a tad excessive.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Eat loads of beans or cashew nuts, works for me!!
Cheers, Dave(y)

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
It is only a 10 inch fan the endless breeze is slightly less than 14 inches, doubt it would shift as much air. So if you are looking for Maximum wind then you may need to keep looking, although the Skeggy Cooler may be a tad excessive.
But at half the price of an Endless Breeze we could buy two if we needed and potentially have even more 'blow' for our money

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp

The PG Green one says it has a lifetime guarantee on the heading near the picture, yet in the small print says "Please note: fan and panel carry a 1 year warranty. Lead acid batteries carry a 6 month warranty. Batteries are easily available and easily replaceable." Hardly fills one with confidence so I asked ad they clarified saying, "

"I'm sorry for keeping you waiting. Batteries are only covered by a six month warranty.

The fan and panel is covered by our lifetime guarantee.

Here is the link to our lifetime guarantee: " fair enough i think.

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We use a 14" 3 speed fan running off the inverter if off ehu, leave it on all night takes virtually nothing from our batteries. We have 360 amh battery bank and twin solar on the roof.
We couldn't travel without it neither of us would be able to sleep. We picked up a spare in the winter, brother in law works in the local electrical wholesalers got us one for a tenner.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back