A week to go until reupholtsery at Regal (1 Viewer)

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
This time next week we will be on our way to Ilkeston to get our Laika Ecovip 1r reupholstered. Been waiting so long for this and I am very excited. Hoping for part leather but I will fully make my mind up once I am there. Setting off Tuesday night so we can call in at the National Aboretum at Alweras on Wednesday morning.

I will update you all with pictures of before and after and let you know how the experience goes. We will be staying in their yard on Wednesday night ready for them to pull it all apart on the Thursday. I think I may have to go off somewhere as I probably won't like to see what they are doing!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
The NMA is well worth visiting......very moving.

It'll be like having a brand new mh........Looking forward to pics.....:)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Don't quote me at the yard,but i believe that they will run you up into "Ill,son?" Ilkeston,in a car.This is a quaint "Frontier" town,that borders the Lawless county of Nottinghamshire,this lawless county sends raiding parties into derbyshire,they can be recognised instantly as their Warcry is......... Forest!!!
Yes,in Nottingham,they walk amongst us....DOH!.
Tea Bag (Ex Ram Raider LOL)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kalamitty

Free Member
Nov 16, 2012
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 89
we had ours by regal, never again. it took 4 trips to get it right, and the only way it was resolved was by a complete recover in a different material. one seat base was too small and the gap was hidden by a cushion, so on the first turn left all cushions ended up on the floor. make sure you check their work before driving off

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi.
Don't quote me at the yard,but i believe that they will run you up into "Ill,son?" Ilkeston,in a car.This is a quaint "Frontier" town,that borders the Lawless county of Nottinghamshire,this lawless county sends raiding parties into derbyshire,they can be recognised instantly as their Warcry is......... Forest!!!
Yes,in Nottingham,they walk amongst us....DOH!.
Tea Bag (Ex Ram Raider LOL)
Not alot to see in Ilson these days I'm afraid:(.....if I remember rightly it's market day though.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We are considering having new upholstery at the end of the year so I look forward to seeing how you get on. Could you post before and after pictures please?

OP
OP
SOS

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
(y)
we had ours by regal, never again. it took 4 trips to get it right, and the only way it was resolved was by a complete recover in a different material. one seat base was too small and the gap was hidden by a cushion, so on the first turn left all cushions ended up on the floor. make sure you check their work before driving off

Thanks for the heads up. I will be inspecting thoroughly however they have come highly recommended by my sister in law who has been selling caravans and motorhome so for over 25 years. It must have been very disappointing for you, luckily I haven't got any loose cushions on mine but I will be keeping a close eye on their workmanship!

OP
OP
SOS

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
We are considering having new upholstery at the end of the year so I look forward to seeing how you get on. Could you post before and after pictures please?
I definitely will and also give you an account of my experience of how it all went.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We had a van done at Regal - they did a great job. Can't always get it right for everyone I guess.

Reactions: SOS
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi.
They have done two for us,as they supplied Timberland and Wildax with furnishings,both times we were given a choice of going to Regal and choosing the fabrics to be fitted,as we only lived about 6 miles away at the time. Cannot fault them.
Tea Bag

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
(y)

Thanks for the heads up. I will be inspecting thoroughly however they have come highly recommended by my sister in law who has been selling caravans and motorhome so for over 25 years. It must have been very disappointing for you, luckily I haven't got any loose cushions on mine but I will be keeping a close eye on their workmanship!

Had our Rapido done 3wks ago, very pleased, you will get free cushions in your chosen fabric.....(y)

While they where doing ours we went into Nottingham castle for the day, it was fantastic and a few nice bars outside for a good lunch on a sunny day....:)

OP
OP
SOS

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Had our Rapido done 3wks ago, very pleased, you will get free cushions in your chosen fabric.....(y)

While they where doing ours we went into Nottingham castle for the day, it was fantastic and a few nice bars outside for a good lunch on a sunny day....:)

Did they have a good choice of fabrics? That's the one thing that is worrying me.:unsure:

Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Did they have a good choice of fabrics? That's the one thing that is worrying me.:unsure:
The answer to this is yes a wide range and let you have has long as needed to choose have just done our self build T5 half leather a fantastic job and nothing was to much trouble they actually listen to what you want and advise can recommend them to everyone
A completely satisfied customer

OP
OP
SOS

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
The answer to this is yes a wide range and let you have has long as needed to choose have just done our self build T5 half leather a fantastic job and nothing was to much trouble they actually listen to what you want and advise can recommend them to everyone
A completely satisfied customer
Well this is good news, I have ideas of what I want but am also open to suggestions. Many thanks.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

Yes they had a lot of fabrics and leather but a lot were quite similar, I.e. Same pattern but different colours.

Mrs bu'ckett had a definite idea on what she wanted but came away with something different, we chose several combinations and they cut pieces of and we went back to the van and arranged them to find the best for us.

Take your time, get there early to chose and then you will worry all the next day that you have made the wrong choice like we did but when it's done we were very pleased with how it turned out, it completely changed the van and made it look more modern and bright.
There will be a few threads that will need clipping back from the sewing but the quality needle work and fitting is really good.

By the way, we went for the firm foam and are happy with it...
I'll try and post the link to ours..

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi
Same as Sas r us...... Firm foam.
Tea Bag

OP
OP
SOS

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
All your before and after photos look fabulous. They have told us to arrive between 1pm and 3pm on the Wednesday. I will be making sure we get there at 1pm as I really want to make the right choice.

I hear what you are saying about going for the firm foam, I think we will probably go for the same. We only have a dinette seating area but with the weight of us two firm will be best :blusher:

OP
OP
SOS

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Sat in Regals yard now with half the van dismantled ready for tomorrow. Early start tomorrow as the guys are coming in at 6am as we have complicated dinette seats. Here are the before photos, will update tomorrow with hopefully very nice reupholstery. Decided against half leather in the end.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
That's one way of getting to that pound coin you dropped down the back....;)

Ooh err.... Your really going to notice the difference :eek:

Can't wait to see the after...(y)

Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
July 2015 plus 20 years of camping
Can anyone spill the beans as to roughly how much it costs to reupholster a medium sized van. Not looking for a quote you understand, but we have a dog and would probably want to do this before we eventually sell our van on.

Always nice to understand how much that dog is costing us ;-)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Can anyone spill the beans as to roughly how much it costs to reupholster a medium sized van. Not looking for a quote you understand, but we have a dog and would probably want to do this before we eventually sell our van on.

Mine was about ÂŁ2130...:eek:

Add, for the dog......
Food,
vets,
Carpets,
And lots of other misdemeanours.......

Ooh, and a few slippers.......:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
OP
OP
SOS

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here are some photos. We are absolutely chuffed to bits. The team at Regal were brilliant. Had new curtains as well!

OP
OP
SOS

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014

It cost us ÂŁ2300 including curtains. We had quite complicated dinette seats and some very fiddly bits around the van. The whole experience at Regal was fantastic. Highly recommend them.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Looks great @SOS - what a difference. We have looked round lots of vans at shows, dealers etc and very often the upholstery looks old fashioned and dated. Regal have certainly made a great job of your van, well worth the money I would think.

Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back