Load the Caxton Card or not? (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Having heard what Mark Carney said today, I've just bought a few hundred Euros on my Caxton card. Now wondering whether I've been too cautious and should buy a load more. We're off to France for 3 weeks at the end of August, then 3 months in Spain/Portugal in the winter.

I'm feeling that the exchange rate is probably going to get worse :oops: (although I hope not!)
Does anyone have a better crystal ball than I have? :unsure:

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
Having heard what Mark Carney said today, I've just bought a few hundred Euros on my Caxton card. Now wondering whether I've been too cautious and should buy a load more.

Just telling it how it is - maybe wait till "The Day After Tomorrow" eh!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just read an article which said Goldman Sachs think the rate will bottom out in six months then recover. In other words the rate will continue to get worse, perhaps down to 1.10 or even parity according to those with a pessimistic outlook, then improve.

But are they right? Who knows, except folk have made fortunes out of sterling since the vote so some of them might have an idea.

My advice would be to buy some now as the signs for an early recovery, given if nothing else the political uncertainty, are not good. The economic arguments for Brexit were always built on sand so don't expect things to improve quickly. There is much uncertainty ahead and financial markets react accordingly.

OP
OP
bellabee
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks @DBK. My thoughts are very similar to yours. I've been back and bought what I hope will be enough to see us through the winter.

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back