US C Class RV's how many on here? (1 Viewer)

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Was wondering how many C Class RV owners lurk on this site on what type of C Class you are running?

Mines a 99 Fleetwood Tioga, love it ::bigsmile: :thumb:

edgietioga50.jpg

Last edited:

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
rv

Hi
We used to have a gulfstream ultra then last year decided to buy a fifth wheel,:Doh::Doh::Doh: at this point i will point out that back in the early seventies i was driving for a living as far as mid east etc so i am no stranger to artic,s , but after 11 months we had enough of fifth wheel, and bought a winnie aspect b class it is just perfect from the build and finishes to the driving it is a joy to own, and we are going down south via eurotunnel next wed for a month and back via santander . you will have to excuse my grammer the wife is in work so just basic keyboad and spelling:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

RickB

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
south devon uk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
four years+
Hi, I have a 1992 Amazon RB20 built on a Ford E350 5.8ltr with gas conversion, at only 21 feet long this is a minnow of an RV but it's my pride and joy.
Next outing:- November 15th, Plymouth-Santandar-Portugal, yipee..........::bigsmile:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Me...I've got a Dodge Sportsman Built in Indiana in 1979.....:Cool:

Bought it because the layout is right for the 2 of us + the kids.Double bunks at the rear and good bathroom.

V8 440 with auto transmission.
My Pride and joy /project too.

Last edited:

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
GMC G30 with a chevy 350, 23' coach built by a company callled MIDAS...

::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
1989 winniebago warrior 21 foot but suits me for what i want gas con on it too stiill looks better than the new plasticc ones eruro ones lol thats my opinion :ROFLMAO: used all year round too

GEOFFs125

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
Salisbury, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
2000 Dutchmen Express with Chevrolet 7.4l V8 with LPG conversion. Owned for four years and used most weekends.

:Smile:The best motorhome/RV I have ever owned, a joy to drive and has every home comfort you need.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Me...I've got a Dodge Sportsman Built in Indiana in 1979.....:Cool:

Bought it because the layout is right for the 2 of us + the kids.Double bunks at the rear and good bathroom.

V8 440 with auto transmission.
My Pride and joy /project too.

Has anyone considered a C Class meet?

You don't have to be big to be Beautiful.
:Cool:

OP
OP
Edgie

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Hey thanks for the responses everyone, how about some pictures???? a C Class meet sounds like a good idea, probably best around the start of next season, March April time, this campsite in north devon would be good... www.incledonfarm.co.uk :thumb:

Last edited:

k9hul

Free Member
Sep 6, 2009
Funster No
Four winns 5000

Hi Eddie mines a four winns 5000 25c on a chevey petrol &lpg 2008, been to Portugal for 4 months. 30 days after picking it up!! Great on long distance runs.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Eddie

We have a 2004 Gulfstream Ultra Limited Edition Class C, 24 Foot Long. It has an E450 Super Duty Ford Cassis with a 6.8 Litre V10 Ford Triton Engine and we think its Brill.

Jim
:Smile:

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
C class meet sounds cool :thumb:

I was in North devon at the weekend, is that farm anywhere near cloud farm ? (Doone Valley)

great place but tricky to get 2.59 meters down :)

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
well will keep an eye on the c class meet sounds good

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
I don't want to hijack your thread but it is very interesting how many C class RV's there are that are around 24 to 26ft.

Having just got a European 24ft C class I am now thinking early next year I will change it to something like a FW 5000 25c or Fleetwood Icon 24D, its the push out sides that appeal. With any luck I will have one by the time the C Class RV meet comes around:thumb:

Any advice would be appreciated

kandave

Free Member
Aug 29, 2009
Northants
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
started 2009
C Class owner

Another C Class owner here. Ours is a 2000 Fourwinds Dutchmen Express with Chevy 7.4 V8

wee shuey

Free Member
Mar 7, 2009
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over 20 yrs yrs
Hi there - Yes we bought a new fleetwood pulse in May this year and so far are happy with it - getting almost 20 mpg so far - Mercedes 3 litre fully automatic gearbox and it comes with genny, air and dash aircon, and slideout so am well pleased - wee shuey

JeffersonCampervan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2008
Toronto
Funster No
MH
semi-integral & Integral
Exp
Since 1990
Hi
bought a winnie aspect b class it is just perfect from the build and finishes to the driving it is a joy to own,

The Aspect is a C Class. The confusion arises from some dealers specifying a "B+" class for C Class without the overhead alcove - more properly called a "C-" perhaps! :Smile:. This is a source of neverending debate threads on rv.net. B class technically is built entirely within the van body width & length; C Class has a van cab with a coach-built habitation. Link Removed

Now that I have that out of the way ... I have a Winnebago Rialta, perhaps the smallest Class C, sitting in storage in Amsterdam..

Pic in my Avatar & at the webpage in my sig!

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
C ---R-V`s

Hi

Interesting Thread, obviously Ok for some BUT.

Rented two whilst in the US of A 2004, 3 bad things (for me) 1) bang my head every time I try to get out of the front seat. 2) the Driving seating would`nt turn so could not be used for Leisure seating 3) SWMBO has Mobility issues and the only way she could get into the rear was to get OUT of the vehicle and then get back in via the Accomodation entrance (Pain in the ***)

Soooooo I have a Pusher A class. Horses for courses, as they say.

Pete

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
We have a C class RV a Dutchmen Dorado 27ft 4 ins long :thumb:

Loddy

Free Member
Jul 5, 2008
south west
Funster No
MH
RV C class
Exp
4+ 30 years tugging
Four Winds on a Ford e450 6litre powerstroke td 8.8 metres and 1 slide

Indy

JeffersonCampervan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2008
Toronto
Funster No
MH
semi-integral & Integral
Exp
Since 1990
2) the Driving seating would`nt turn so could not be used for Leisure seating

Pete - that depends on the model. Generally rental units have no "upgrades" - they are built for the big rental companies & are quite barebones. I think your points 1 & 3 would apply to any C Class, but many have swivelling seats - in our Rialta they both turn completely to be used as leisure seats.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Holiday Rambler Augusta on a Ford 450.
29ft long overall 3 slides, loads of room when parked but short enough to use on the spur of the moment and a doddle to drive. Not officially a C class a B+ but only because it doesn't have the overcab bed. Great motorhome very user friendly loads of storage inside and adequate outside converted passenger seat to swivel which opens it up even more. We were worried when we sold the A class that we wouldn't like the B+ but we love it and some of the Euro tag axles are longer than us::bigsmile:

Unfortunately we'll be selling it later this year and we'll be selling up in the states as well as we are hoping to tour Scandinavia and the artic circle and maybe spend a season skiing. Don't really fancy doing it in a RV as they don't have the best thermal qualities in the world winter in Florida and Texas is a bit different from the artic circle so it's a German van next time.:thumb:

midas tony

Free Member
Feb 13, 2010
Funster No
c class rv

hi everyone we have a 1979 dodge midas gas converted it seems to be a constant restoration project:roflmto:

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,

Coachmen Concord 300TS (Triple Slide) just over 30ft.

As some know, we bought this a few months ago having got rid of the Winnebago Itasca Suncruiser as Claire really did not like the A class.

After I sold the Winnie I worked out the one trip we did last year, five miles down the road for a weekend cost over £3,000! Could have had a nice holiday for that!

Love the Concord and been out three times this year already with about four weekends planned and more to follow.

Regards

Chris

P

PhilaryOld

Deleted User
fourwinds chateau citation 26be it is magic. if we were to change it, it would be for a citation 29bg, a triple slide instead of a twin slide
philary

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back