LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I’m drawing up short lists for our next van, We really like a U shaped lounge over a fixed rear bed, but we also really fancy a A class as opposed to our current C class.

At the moment we store our bedding (and other stuff) in the over cab bed, it amazing what you can stuff up there out of the way. However this morning when packing away the bedding, I twigged that with a dropdown bed in an A class there would not be this room, or is there room to store stuff on the drop down beds. We would not use this bed to sleep on ourselves as my wife could not climb onto it, this is also the reason most fixed reads bed are out of the question. We have got our eyes on an A class with a rear lounge but as it’s a long way away I thought I’d ask the question how much if any storage is there in most A class front beds?

We also need to have a proper cooker, we need at least 4 belted seats for when we take the grandkids.

Length wise were looking at least 7.5mts up to tags at 8.5mts so lots of options there.

Apart from the above we are flexible so any recommendations for van layouts are appreciated.

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
You could certainly store bedding on the drop down cab bed. hen we used ours we left the bed made up, including pillows, and we now store spare bedding, clothes, etc. when needed. I suspect it depends on the model, but on ours there was quite a lot space at the front end of the bed, even when it was stowed against the roof at the back end.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Dislike coach built - like looking at the world through a letterbox, whereas with A class you have a panoramic view of the beauty before you.

ypou mean you can spot resturants easy:LOL:(y)

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Have to say we have had A Class both with and without drop down bed. I prefer the 'without' as we did gain more storage space with cupboards and looks much neater. Just a matter of preference really.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We have an A class Hymer B544 with lots of lounging space and the drop down bed. Our pillows and duvet(winter) or bed throw stay in the bed when in storage position, no problem.

PS this model only has 3 belted seats incl front two.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
We have Rapido 7065ff smiley face, coach built, bathroom right across back two single beds, drop down bed in the front, took mattress of now keep chairs & fishing gear up there nice lounge area
every thing we want, at time did not see an a class that we liked(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back