Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
We have had our MH for almost two years (how time flies) and I keep a track of the sites we have stayed on with the aid of a wall map of the UK. I put a marker on each location we have stayed overnight, I do not differentiate between one night or more than one night and of course for some we have visited on several occasions. This does not include our trip to France last year as a European map at this scale would fill the whole wall (the marker at Dover was where we stopped overnight before catching the ferry)!

By the way the small red dots are a different project - islands we have visited but not necessarily in the MH.

It is just a bit of fun and I can show our grandchildren where we have been on our 'adventures'.

What do you do?

KH
P1040773.jpg

Last edited:

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I see that you haven't ventured south of mason Dixon line River Severn to the Wash is this on your to do list ,We keep a log of our trips and give each place that we have stayed at a review very handy at times as you tend to forget were on our 120 th site now.:) Ahh I have just spotted Dover.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I wish we'd done that. Infact I might get the same map and we can spend some time remembering our visits. Are the dots little sticky labels?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
We have had our MH for almost two years (how time flies) and I keep a track of the sites we have stayed on with the aid of a wall map of the UK. I put a marker on each location we have stayed overnight, I do not differentiate between one night or more than one night and of course for some we have visited on several occasions. This does not include our trip to France last year as a European map at this scale would fill the whole wall (the marker at Dover was where we stopped overnight before catching the ferry)!

By the way the small red dots are a different project - islands we have visited but not necessarily in the MH.

It is just a bit of fun and I can show our grandchildren where we have been on our 'adventures'.

What do you do?

KHView attachment 113575
You have even ventured to the IOM!

Craig

OP
OP
Photo4x4

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
By the way the small red dots are a different project - islands we have visited but not necessarily in the MH
They are sticky dots - you can get them from any stationers.
You have even ventured to the IOM!
That was 42 years ago on our honeymoon and the year after on my BSA Gold Flash! :)

We will go south of the Severn/Wash, perhaps in our trip later this month.

KH

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
You appear to have visited a lot of nuclear sites, weapons dumps and top secret secret government command bunkers there @Photo4x4 - is there something you're not telling us?

Speaking for myself I just keep it in my head, or in my SatNav's favourite locations file. All my photos are catalogued by location too.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
A5 notebook and pen. The pen lives with the notebook for continuity.
Have been motorhoming since 2003 but only kept an accurate record since 2010.
I keep it simple, date, number of nights and location with the occasional note.
Tally up number of nights away at the year's end and start a fresh page for the New Year.
We keep lots of information on the computer but pen and paper still feels like a more 'permanent' travel record.
IMG_2545.JPG IMG_2546.JPG

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We have a small notebook in which we put the Site a few remarks about the site (bus at gate/Pub near by etc etc)dates we have stayed, that's in the front.
In the back, which trip, milage, ltrs, miles per litre & miles per gallon
71 different sits so far.
Next week, 2 more West Bay and the New Forest(y)

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
I use Jims destinations book. Kept in the van and filled in most trips. Provides interesting record. But I guess a simple A5 hotter would do the same.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I post our location in the morning funsters thread with a photo.

Terry and Jan

Free Member
Feb 25, 2014
Saltash,Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Can't remember where i was last week, the map is a good idea"..........Loire Valley last weekend, today Saltash ugh cold.

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
You could make a Autoroute* push pin map of the places you have visited that would enable you to keep all sorts of information and photos for each?

Microsoft Autoroute was discontinued in Dec 2014 but you can still buy copies off ebay.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
We always have a suduko book which is kept in the MH and every time we complete a puzzle we time and date it, record our location and the weather at the time. We also put a 'one liner' against the page. Makes interesting/funny reading years later, and some of the books go back years.

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Positions get added to an Excel spreadsheet and then loaded into Autoroute and my Garmin Camper. I can always see where the nearest stopover is and, as I'm very choosy about them, I know it will meet my requirements. My wife also keeps details in a daily diary. I'm never able to look in it though, as she says it's only for the use of herself and the divorce lawyer :LOL:

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I do much the same but in Google maps, can't work out how to put the map on here so made a pdf of it. see attached

Attachments

• CAMPER TRIPS2 - Google Maps.pdf
    367.5 KB · Views: 47

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We have kept a log in a note book since we started caravanning in 1992. We are on our 4th notebook. It's good to look back now and again to boost memories of places we've been and when.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Oh dear Helen That means you can remember all the happy times at the railway meets.:pop::drinks:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
A new diary for every M H we have had . In that we put details of nice sites Aires towns we have visited with info aboutRestaurants shops cafes and places of interest .
We have found it invaluable for returning to places we have loved visiting , and to look back on lovely holidays.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I use Jims destinations book, but only can be bothered to fill in particularly nice places (or one or two to avoid at all costs). I'm not very diligent at recording these things though, which is why one book has lasted years :blusher:

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have a wordpress blog one post per stop usually, logs location, dates and notes, if I remember photos taken, not tricky to setup once you know what you want and what is possible, using wordpress.com. Oh yes it can be set to private and it is free.

Tried various apps did like Journey but so far not quite what I wanted.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back