LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Spent two nights with a group of young hippies who showed me a safe place to camp on my journey when not feeling well. They shared a communal meal with me, filled my water bottles with water from the spring at the Tor, had about 5 dogs between them, all of which were well behaved ... were polite and couteous and I didn't hear any swearing at all.

Today I moved to a quite expensive site. An expensive motorhome has pulled onto the standing next to me and parked with their habitation door opposite mine. Their household paraphenalia inc kitchen sink is taking up all the room, the 5 of them are loud to say the least, and they keep walking onto MY hardstanding at the front of my mh. Their blasted dog is barking endlessly at NOTHING and they just laugh at it.. For some stupid reason unknown to man they plugged their electric cable into My socket before I got mine out ... I came for peace and quiet and family time. Tomorrow I will have to move or I will lose my rag with them .. ... they have just LOUDLY so we all know their opinions, verbally ridiculed some of the young people walking around Glastonbury ... I KNOW WHO I WOULD RATHER HAVE NEXT TO ME. ... grr bloody dog barking yet again!!!!

Rant over.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Joy - feel sorry for your predicament, but we have seen the good and not so good in the same age range in Croatia.

Firstly four German lads, in a tent next to us, had stopped off on the way home from their mates wedding on Krk Island, (where they were the musical entertainment). They played every night we were there, all British songs, with no one else listening, we had front seats, clapped after every song and told them how good they were. The conversation was good and they were lovely. Nothing was mentioned about the referendum and we enjoyed their company. They all played guitars and beat box (I mention this only to make my point later on......) ;)

Our other neighbour, a German chap of the same age, there with his wife, kids and three other families. They took over their own four pitches and the whole of the surrounding beach area and two pitches that weren't occupied but were filled with their stuff, so anyone looking for a pitch would think that those pitches were taken, when infact they were free. He couldn't wait to talk about the referendum, and didn't hold back when he told us we were an insignificant country, the EU bent over backwards for our every whim, we got far more out of the EU than any other participant country did, we would be committing political and economical suicide if we left - why were we worrying about immigration when we had only taken in 100,000 :Eeek:, and we should think VERY LONG AND HARD before we cast our vote - as I said on my thread - I liked him a little less after the conversation than before.....

Rise above it Joy - you are a free spirit, and will always have good Karma around you. Rejoice in your daughter and granddaughter and the mates you have here on MHF. I know that every meet I attend reinforces my view that as long as we have a common interest, be it A Class, Low Profile, coach built, van conversion, caravan, tent - whatever we will always be happy.

Oh and of course - back to my earlier point - those that play music (or in my case a very loose version of it) will ALWAYS be happy - we just have to convince the rest of the world and all will be good!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
What a lovely experience stopping with the young hippy folk, I'm sure they enjoyed your company as much as you enjoyed theirs , absolutely no need to stay parked next to rude self important people, you could always go and have another night with young folk, then come back and get a different place.
Most of all enjoy your time with Carla & gorgeous little Eden. x

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
On the other hand you you can pre-judge folk. We've had no neighbours all the time on our current pitch, thanks probably to Charlie barking at anyone who comes near carrying a map of the site (we've trained him well) but this afternoon a monstrous Concorde thingy landed next us, causing a local eclipse of the sun. It was towing a Renault Twingo and Mrs Concorde arrived in the Porche Cayenne. I was ready to dislike them but they've been fine. I think they've just bought the MH which is probably two or three years old. But they are very quiet now, possibly because they can't get the lights to work inside. The hubby keeps coming out and jiggling the EHU lead and then disappears inside into a darkened interior. :)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Spent two nights with a group of young hippies..

Young hippies? Blimey, I thought most of them were into their 70s by now. Maybe there's a breeding program somewhere to try and reintroduce them into the wild. I hope they've got protected species status, they sound like, groovy. :)

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Young hippies? Blimey, I thought most of them were into their 70s by now. Maybe there's a breeding program somewhere to try and reintroduce them into the wild. I hope they've got protected species status, they sound like, groovy. :)

Don't forget MY 'young' may be YOUR 'old'. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Joy
We try never to stay on campsites
The 'real' people we've met on Aires and while wild camping have warmed our hearts.
My recipe for a happy life 'give much and expect little'
Hit it on the head there, anyone on Aires are there just to park for the night and treat everyone as they want to be treated, but when these campsite people have payed maybe thirty £s a night they think they have the right to do as they like, which as I write this I have just thought , maybe they have a point:(

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I may have spent less time maturing in the barrel, but we all appreciate the qualities of a fine vintage. :)
Unfortunately I think I'm corked and gone off before my time!!!
Why is it that people spouting off a load of rubbish like the posh neigbours speak louder than anyone else?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
IMO "aires" are just campsites you don't pay so much for...

Parking with other motorhomes does have some advantages sometimes, but I much prefer to be somewhere where yuukky people are not going to disturb me... ;)

Actively seeking to stay within a few feet of people you know nothing about always confuses me.

Mind you, I suppose most folk are nice...

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Unfortunately I think I'm corked and gone off before my time!!!
Why is it that people spouting off a load of rubbish like the posh neigbours speak louder than anyone else?

I think it is because they think everybody in the vicinity is interested in their opinion ...... in this case on music, politics, social standing, motorhomes, etc etc. One of them even started to try and sing an opera tune ... yugh ... she couldn't ... they all applauded. :(

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Confucious he also say buy same crackers as @The Wino to follow the path of true wisdom.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Spent two nights with a group of young hippies who showed me a safe place to camp on my journey when not feeling well. They shared a communal meal with me, filled my water bottles with water from the spring at the Tor, had about 5 dogs between them, all of which were well behaved ... were polite and couteous and I didn't hear any swearing at all.

Today I moved to a quite expensive site. An expensive motorhome has pulled onto the standing next to me and parked with their habitation door opposite mine. Their household paraphenalia inc kitchen sink is taking up all the room, the 5 of them are loud to say the least, and they keep walking onto MY hardstanding at the front of my mh. Their blasted dog is barking endlessly at NOTHING and they just laugh at it.. For some stupid reason unknown to man they plugged their electric cable into My socket before I got mine out ... I came for peace and quiet and family time. Tomorrow I will have to move or I will lose my rag with them .. ... they have just LOUDLY so we all know their opinions, verbally ridiculed some of the young people walking around Glastonbury ... I KNOW WHO I WOULD RATHER HAVE NEXT TO ME. ... grr bloody dog barking yet again!!!!

Rant over.

We love Glastonbury and all the "different" folks of all ages who wander round it - we used to always stay at "The Old Oaks" site but over the last few years it is more & more difficult to get in to and the "clientele" seems to have changed and gone a bit "up market" so now we tend to use "Isle of Avalon" campsite almost in town or a CL or small campsite out on the "levels"

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Joy all this will be in the past soon, you will have more precious memories to cherish than this episode. Extra special hugs. Be happy be well.(y)(y)(y)

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012

Rant over.
Where are you? I'll send round the boys! I wish, big hug

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
One of the advantages of travelling in Europe is most of the time you can't understand what the loud bore who's parked next to you is saying. We've been for weeks on end without hearing any English spoken apart from our own. Brilliant. The first motorway service station after returning to Dover can be a bit of a culture shock, to put it mildly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back