Recovery-warning (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Four weeks ago I was notified by Peugeot that my first years free recovery was expiring and invited me to renew for a further two years for £160. This would include everything in the UK and Europe also wheel changing, which is very tricky on my vehicle. The cover would be with the AA who had issued the policy for my first year without limits.
I accepted providing they gave me written proof that my weight of 4.5kgs and length of 7.5 mtrs was within the cover. This they assured me. After receiving the documents restrictions made my vehicle exempt so I contacted them and was promised a return call that day. After waiting a week I contacted them again only to be assured my vehicle was totally covered and they would sent new paperwork to confirm.
Next day the new documents arrived only to exempt my vehicle again. Another phone call and this time I was asked who sold me this policy as It was never going to allow the AA to recover or assist me if I contacted them. I was then given a refund but this was after four weeks and demanding proof of cover.
Last week I contacted Saga who offered me no nonsense cover both at home and abroad without restriction to length or weight. This I accepted providing the documents clarified this. Next day all paperwork arrived and as per usual with Saga no nasty hidden small print.
I was very curious who was the recovery/assistance contractor so I contacted Saga. The answer I received blew me away, it was the good old AA who refused to cover me earlier.
No matter who or what we are now in an age of small print and underhand companies trying to steal our cash. No matter how much you need an item always ask for the small print to believe the salesperson.
Wiljoy:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi .i should have thought at 4.5kg you could justput it in your pocket.is it a dinky or corgi or have you made a typing error .i do it all the time .saga is good i used to use them.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Yes, Saga are recruting this year, but watch out for the next renewal, they have a nasty habit of loading it and hoping you don't notice!!

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i was with saga .then after a drunk in portugal hit my truck in the night saga realised it was a 5er. they sorted the claim but advised they dont do 5ers so i changed ins before the policy ended .they were great. i found the offending vehicle in faro by chance while looking for spares soafter police involvment i didnt have to lose my no claims. i would still be with them if they did 5ers there cover is quite good. plus maroc for free.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I was very curious who was the recovery/assistance contractor so I contacted Saga. The answer I received blew me away, it was the good old AA who refused to cover me earlier.

just the same as the RAC.

limited to 3500kg but ............
join the c+cc and take 'Arrival' breakdown cover and its the RAC who provide cover for any weight/length/age.

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Thanks

Thanks for your replies.
Sorry vwalan it is 4500 kgs, I was 60 last week so that is my excuse.
I tried the RAC but they would not cover Europe and wheel changing was a problem
Over the last 5 years I have found Saga very good and have only let me down on motorcycle cover. At present I have the motorhome, two cars, travel insurance, house and contents plus recovery at an all in price of £720. After checking round this is really competative price. The proof comes when the claims start, if any.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for your replies.
Sorry vwalan it is 4500 kgs, I was 60 last week so that is my excuse.
I tried the RAC but they would not cover Europe and wheel changing was a problem
Over the last 5 years I have found Saga very good and have only let me down on motorcycle cover. At present I have the motorhome, two cars, travel insurance, house and contents plus recovery at an all in price of £720. After checking round this is really competative price. The proof comes when the claims start, if any.

the 'regular' RAC may not but the RAC arrivals scheme does cover europe (for an extra fee) and if they cant change a wheel, which im sure they can when you explain the RV weighs 11tonne and has twin rear wheels so bring a good jack, they take you somewhere that can:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back