LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I have just received text off Gsil Camperbeen trashed re a male attempting to break in through sky light. Am on phone so not sure re copy and paste but will try.

Hi funsters xx i still dont have internet so want to alert you. we had a very nice male who decided to climb onto our motorhome roof just before midnight two days ago. he proceeded to try to force the skylight open. no da,age but lotd of fingerprints and footprints.

No damage and we have good cctv of the assailant however, when forensic officer attended he took nothing becuase they arent allowed to climb ladders, please can one of you post on forum we are now relying solely on cctv. i think this is so unfair. we offered to take photos of full footprints and to be talked through fingerprint removal but apparently that is not allowed either. want other funsters to be aware that getting justice is stacked on offenders side not ours. ty gail tony and robert

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
How pathetic can the police get? Can't climb ladders due to health and safety - they are an absolute joke and a waste of space!

Sorry to hear about your troubles and how useless the police have been!

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
How pathetic can the police get? Can't climb ladders due to health and safety - they are an absolute joke and a waste of space!

Sorry to hear about your troubles and how useless the police have been!
Will pass your message to Gail.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
This is very serious and i do feel sorry for you. However,with my warped sense of humour,my thoughts went to the Jack lemon film " How to murder your wife" (Virna Lisi coming out of the cake....). and the Glumpiter,glumpiter machine.If you haven't seen it....DO LOL
So. First wife,top of M/home= Perfect crime............ JOKING...LOL....maybe? Thrice LOL.
Tea Bag from,"Beyond the Pale"

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Absolutely pathetic--- who the f**k writes these stupid rules. But then didn't someone drown because police weren't allowed in a river to help them ?

So glad there's no damage to Gail's motorhome.
Will pass message on. X

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
I believe the attempt break happens to Gail not Joy if I read the post correct .
With all the technology at their disposal ,plod can't get prints off a roof ,not serious enough ? Pathetic

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Hi Jim ... not me.... I have copied and pasted Gail's message that she cannot post at the moment as no internet. :)
Sorry,
I misunderstood, but can you advise where she was when this happened-location wise?

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I have just received text off Gsil Camperbeen trashed re a male attempting to break in through sky light. Am on phone so not sure re copy and paste but will try.

Hi funsters xx i still dont have internet so want to alert you. we had a very nice male who decided to climb onto our motorhome roof just before midnight two days ago. he proceeded to try to force the skylight open. no da,age but lotd of fingerprints and footprints.

No damage and we have good cctv of the assailant however, when forensic officer attended he took nothing becuase they arent allowed to climb ladders, please can one of you post on forum we are now relying solely on cctv. i think this is so unfair. we offered to take photos of full footprints and to be talked through fingerprint removal but apparently that is not allowed either. want other funsters to be aware that getting justice is stacked on offenders side not ours. ty gail tony and robert

Horrible, but at least no-one got in and there was no damage which is a result. By the way, I expect the forensic person was a civilian who was working to rules made by some other civiilian. The blame for this stupidity lies with them and not real police officers themselves, who, if they had been still doing the scenes of crime work as used to be the case, would have been more than happy to get up on top and recover any available evidence.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello all .. i have pasted as best i can ..your replies to Gail. I will ask where she was but I get the feeling it was their home.. just guessing though. Joy

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Can't climb ladders lol..thank the EU for another pathetic health and safety issue

Another attempt at blaming EU guidelines when they have nothing to do with this.

The EU directives set out minimum requirements for safe working practice and equipment, they stop cowboy employees cutting corners and risking lives.

All tasks are risked assessed, most of us do that without realising - 'Is it safe to check the power at that socket?', 'Is that jack strong enough to lift the motorhome to change this wheel?'.

Without knowing the facts of this case - did the SOCO have a ladder for example? was he / she appropriately dress for ladder use? Was it wet? - All risks would need to be assessed and weighed up against the possible outcomes of completing the task. If CCTV is able to provide sufficient evidence then the potential risks involved in climbing onto the roof wouldn't be justified.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hello all .. i have pasted as best i can ..your replies to Gail. I will ask where she was but I get the feeling it was their home.. just guessing though. Joy

Is Gail not a member anymore?

Even if not she can still view this thread as far as I understand, you could send her an email with a link (y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Another attempt at blaming EU guidelines when they have nothing to do with this.

The EU directives set out minimum requirements for safe working practice and equipment, they stop cowboy employees cutting corners and risking lives.

All tasks are risked assessed, most of us do that without realising - 'Is it safe to check the power at that socket?', 'Is that jack strong enough to lift the motorhome to change this wheel?'.

Without knowing the facts of this case - did the SOCO have a ladder for example? was he / she appropriately dress for ladder use? Was it wet? - All risks would need to be assessed and weighed up against the possible outcomes of completing the task. If CCTV is able to provide sufficient evidence then the potential risks involved in climbing onto the roof wouldn't be justified.
My niece is a SOCO and does go up ladders when necessary. Risk assessments are a fact of modern life.

Why doesn't Gail have Internet by the way? Very odd; got CCTV but not internet.....

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Yikes hope they get the pratt who tried to break in. :(

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Soco on the job was probably a big wendy..once had a sky engineer fit a body harness with all the safety ropes attached went out to get a ladder all just to go up 2 rungs of a ladder which was barely a tad over 7 ft in hieight...its just pathetic.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
@movan Good you could pass on the message as I could not do it, I was not home. My everyday phone has a really small keyboard, and I feel like an elephant each time I use it LOL, and copy/paste on my phone is a mystery to me on that phone!!
They're saving for a new computer so hopefully she'll be back sometime this year!

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
got CCTV but not internet.....

@DavidG58 Just not having computer to go on internet. She sends phone texts to get in touch with funsters.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
@DavidG58 Just not having computer to go on internet. She sends phone texts to get in touch with funsters.
Thanks - wrong David.... Still don't understand it though, since Gail was always on here before.

Anyway, with current policing, it was lucky they even attended an attempted break in of a vehicle; resources tend to be used in these cases where someone was hurt or items actually stolen. Whilst sympathetic to anyone who is the victim of a crime, especially a serious crime (as I have been) I simply don't buy the "justice is stacked against the victim" line in this case.

Last edited:

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Soco on the job was probably a big wendy..once had a sky engineer fit a body harness with all the safety ropes attached went out to get a ladder all just to go up 2 rungs of a ladder which was barely a tad over 7 ft in hieight...its just pathetic.

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
If someone can get to roof, suggest take pics of damage & any other evidence and forward to officer dealing (if there is one) with name, time & date of who took pics. Good for use with insurance claim if need be.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
No damage.

"Break in" attempt on a (to them) caravan unsuccessful.

Send a forensic team to take finger prints and footprints?

Study CCTV footage and try to ID perpertrator?

Search for the man. Arrest him and charge him with attempted burglary?

Come on folks... it is not going to happen, is it?

I suspect the ladder climbing nonsense is a cover. The police would have done so, should they have thought it was worth while and would have led to something.

Just saying like...

JJ :cool:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
No damage.

"Break in" attempt on a (to them) caravan unsuccessful.

Send a forensic team to take finger prints and footprints?

Study CCTV footage and try to ID perpertrator?

Search for the man. Arrest him and charge him with attempted burglary?

Come on folks... it is not going to happen, is it?

I suspect the ladder climbing nonsense is a cover. The police would have done so, should they have thought it was worth while and would have led to something.

Just saying like...

JJ :cool:
Not often we agree JJ, but absolutely spot on there

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I am surprised the police sent anyone out for an attempted break in.
My car was stolen recently and I was given a crime number
When I phoned back later to say that our house had a forced entry break in and we had been burgled hence how the car was taken the operator told me they would now send someone out.
Theft from car, car theft, attempted burglary non attendance policy
Forced entry and artifice burglary they will attend.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
This is my nightmare. Someone breaking in. Feel sorry for you Gail. As to Internet. I don't use my computer to access internet any more I use my phone and tablet. Plenty of AYCE deals out there for phones now.I saw a deal from 3 yesterday. 6 months £11.50 for a monthly sim card AYCE.
Might be worth looking into. I would miss my internet a alot.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
This is my nightmare. Someone breaking in. Feel sorry for you Gail. As to Internet. I don't use my computer to access internet any more I use my phone and tablet. Plenty of AYCE deals out there for phones now.I saw a deal from 3 yesterday. 6 months £11.50 for a monthly sim card AYCE.
Might be worth looking into. I would miss my internet a alot.

We 're not all on the same budget and the same priorities, and there are 3 of them . A computer is for everybody in a house while a phone (often) is for one person. Their choice in any case. Gail is very clever and always has cunning plans but even so, she might have chosen to do some more important things for the whole family.....just saying...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back