Knaus Boxstar Freeway 630 PVC - Help (1 Viewer)

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Has anyone got a Knaus Freeway 630 that they would let me look at? If so what year is it?

I am considering buying one of these but would like to see one in the flesh. I have seen several Knaus models but not the one I want. It has a different roof than all the other models and bed layout is the same as some other models but the storage under neath is very different. The layout has been roughly the same since being introduced but there have been tweaks with almost every years development. Thanks for reading the post.u

None of the U.K. Dealers have one.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
OP
OP
Phillybarbour

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Minxy Girl, thanks for the post. I am looking at the Maxi Chassis plated at 4500kg, while the Globecar is similar the central isle shower is hopeless compared to the Knaus solution.

Sadly I study specs then study again. I have looked at all options to end at the Knaus but then find no one has one to look at as it's an unusual spec especially given the extra high roof which I really want as it gives massive storage for a PVC.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Minxy Girl, thanks for the post. I am looking at the Maxi Chassis plated at 4500kg, while the Globecar is similar the central isle shower is hopeless compared to the Knaus solution.

Sadly I study specs then study again. I have looked at all options to end at the Knaus but then find no one has one to look at as it's an unusual spec especially given the extra high roof which I really want as it gives massive storage for a PVC.
We have the Globecar Familyscout L (6.36m) which doesn't have the high top of the Knaus but has loads of storage - I'm interested in why you say the shower arrangement in the Campscout is hopeless though as we have a centre one and find it very good indeed albeit a slightly differently design from the Campscout one.

LadyBea

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Dumfries &Galloway
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 1994
We have a Campscout. Best van we have ever had & we've had quite a few ( in double figures ). Can't fault the quality either. Centre shower arrangement works brilliantly for us, though when I first saw it in a magazine a couple of years ago I must admit I had a laugh at it, how wrong can you be.

OP
OP
Phillybarbour

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
We are all different and my choice of words in hindsight should/could have been put better re the shower (less offensive, sorry). The Knaus has a dedicated shower head, dedicated water supply/tap just for the shower and it fixed to the roof in a high position. The door system in the Knaus is also much simpler in its operation although it is the shower head that makes the difference, plus three drain holes. Also once you have showered you cannot step into the bedroom area (in the Revolution model with the extra high roof) as the bed is up against the shower, where as in the Knaus you step into the bedroom area and get dressed in the small space before opening the door into the lounge area therefore creating a proper ensuite. This is achieved by the beds being split at the foot area in the Knuas.

I have not totally ruled out a Campscout Revolution which does have the extra high roof, but strangely the cupboards are not much bigger they are just placed higher, where as in the Knaus the cubpoards are twice the depth.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back