Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I had the what I thought would be a terrible experience with calling the NHS 111 healthline.

I was answered promptly by a very nice man who listened to my problem, asked very relevant questions and within a few minutes said yes you need an ambulance which he organised.

Ambulance from South West arrived within 30 minutes with three very good paramedics who diagnosed my problem with loads of very high tech equipmnent, on a stretcher and into Ambulance.

Arrived at Frimley Park Hospital, Saturday afternoon, dealt with reasonably promptly by A & E. Sunday in ward, fully monitored and operated on Monday !

Could not ask for any better, wonderfull Hospital Staff, good food and extremely clean

Peter

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
I had the what I thought would be a terrible experience with calling the NHS 111 healthline.

I was answered promptly by a very nice man who listened to my problem, asked very relevant questions and within a few minutes said yes you need an ambulance which he organised.

Ambulance from South West arrived within 30 minutes with three very good paramedics who diagnosed my problem with loads of very high tech equipmnent, on a stretcher and into Ambulance.

Arrived at Frimley Park Hospital, Saturday afternoon, dealt with reasonably promptly by A & E. Sunday in ward, fully monitored and operated on Monday !

Could not ask for any better, wonderfull Hospital Staff, good food and extremely clean

Peter
Nice to hear that it all works (probably most of the time). Get well soon, we are lucky to live in a society where we are looked after when we need it.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Get well soon peter, it is not unusual to be surprised at just how good the NHS is after reading all the negativity that it attracts from the media. Glad they are sorting you out.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Wishing you a speedy recovery, reassuring to have good treatment when needed.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Get well soon.

Very similar to my experience.. Called 111, answered questions, Paramedic sent, then an Ambulance.
Blue light all the way and cant thank NHS enough...
Especially when i read online how much some of these things cost our cousins in the USA...

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
I'm glad to hear it has all turned out positively for you and also good of you to actually praise our hard pressed NHS service when all we normally get is criticism. Get well soon - and don't bed block!!

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Get well soon. Good to hear NHS111 and Ambulance Service is working well too.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
To add to the above, on our recent tour of the Outer Hebrides I discovered a lump in my groin. Consulted the NHS website and it strongly recommended going to see a Doctor. Next day drove to Lochmaddy Health Centre, at 11.30 was offered an appointment with a Doctor at 12.20. Saw the doctor who diagnosed an abscess. He give me a prescription which was ready before my consultation was over. The pills did the trick. Good service from both the Health Centre and the NHS website.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

Peter
Had an almost identical experience in mid May. Very good indeed and successful back surgery. Get well soon, Peter

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Ah!! Another victim
when you dial NHS111 Peter your GET PUT THROUGH TO BUPA thats why service was so good
Invoice in the post(y) and don't forget when you read it, it's 999, not 111:doh:
Take care
Geo

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Pleased to hear that you had prompt and efficient service and hope you are better soon!

Good to hear praise for the NHS for a change!

OP
OP
P

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Ah!! Another victim
when you dial NHS111 Peter your GET PUT THROUGH TO BUPA thats why service was so good
Invoice in the post(y) and don't forget when you read it, it's 999, not 111:doh:
Take care
Geo
Geo you is dead wrong I phoned BUPA health line first they told me to phone 111 and they knew I was a member !

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Peter

They saved you ! My god they must be good.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Glad you are on the mend(y)

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
I'm glad you're on the mend and you got excellent service from the NHS, and felt the need to give praise.
My DIL is a junior doctor training to be a GP and she gets so upset at all the bad press the NHS gets when she and her colleagues work very hard. We are very lucky to have the NHS and we should cherish it.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Glad to hear you are getting better.(y)

Here in Wales, if you have an emergency, the service is good.

For "elective" surgery however, don't hold your breath.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back