Changing Leisure Batteries (1 Viewer)

D

DM14742

Deleted User
I have twin Leisure Batteries which are 5 or 6 years old and are no longer holding satisfactory charge.
The batteries are under the drivers seat and this will need removing to gain access to them. Until I've done that I aren't certain how it is all connected up but we have a roof mounted solar panel and control box behind the drivers seat so the wiring is hidden in conduit from there to the batteries.
My question is can I just replace old for new as I would for an engine battery or are there precautions I should apply before changing such as fuse removal?

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
It's recommended to isolate the solar panel first (,fuse out or disconnect wire)into solar regulator . then just swap batteries ,but I'm sure someone with more knowledge won't be long in coming .
Hope this helps

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Be sure that are the same kind as the originals, some types need a different charging voltage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
@Jez and Lin I pulled the fuse by the controller and covered up my solar panel.
Just a thought, why not bring your new batteries to the York meet as there are a few people going there that know what they are doing, @Techno to name one.:) Just casually mention you need to change the batteries and stand back, job done.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back